Medical Insurance Billing SpecialistHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
As a Medical Insurance Billing Specialist at our Main Administrative Office in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include overseeing completion of monthly billing and reconciliation of multiple assigned programs Accounts Receivable accounts. This includes:
- Processing and coding daily revenue to the proper accounts for majority of programs
- Running invoices, statements and CMS 1500 forms for mailing to appropriate clients, agency or insurance company or sending data information electronically to clearing house for payment.
- Tracking client denials from third party insurance companies and determining what action needs to be taken for closure
- Compiling spreadsheets summarizing billing information for tracking various issues for distribution within and outside the agency
- Monitoring billing readiness for submission
- Coordinating with programs on their billing, funding, scheduling and client issues
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in operating calculator and proficient at computer keyboarding and using software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong working knowledge of insurance CMS 1500 billing forms and familiarity with CPT codes, ICD-10 codes and medical terminology
- Previous Medical or Dental Insurance Billing or Coding experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Previous experience with Cerner and Zirmed
- Credentialing experience
"I enjoy the challenge of trying to find out why a claim denied and the excitement when it finally comes back paid. Sometimes it takes some detective work to figure out what the issue is so it keeps the workday interesting. I also like the team aspect, my coworkers are always willing to jump in and help figure out an issue."
-Current Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|