Certified Medical AssistantHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Sign on Bonus - $750.
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Hillcrest Professional Health Clinic provides the tristate area with a wide range of health care services. These include:
- Primary health care services
- Pediatric heath care services
- Reproductive health services for youth, women, and men
- Breast and cervical cancer screening
- Infection checks and treatment
- HIV testing
- Birth control and reproductive health education
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Emergency Contraception
- Sports physicals
- Pre-employment physicals
- TB testing
As a CMA, your primary responsibilities include providing clinical, educational and clerical support services in the Health Clinic. In addition, you will
- Obtains and reviews health history.
- Perform patient interview and document on patient record
- Completes height, weight, blood pressure, HGB and UA.
- Provides client education pertaining to basic anatomy and physiology, contraceptives and health care.
- Accurately documents care given in the clinical record.
- Assists in maintaining clinic operations
What you need
- Graduate from an accredited program for Medical Assistants
- Proficient in interviewing skills and in client lab testing
- Ability to document nursing assessment and interventions in patient records
What Makes You Stand Out
- Eligible agency driver preferred
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran