Mental Health Therapist- Maquoketa Mental Health Center and Jackson County SchoolHillcrest Family Services, Maquoketa, IA
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
At Hillcrest Family Services, the compassion and extensive experience of our counseling team means we provide a broad range of mental health services and treat a wide array of conditions for individuals and families of all ages and backgrounds at our Mental Health Centers, including:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Medication Management
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Psychological Assessment & Testing
As a Therapist, your primary responsibility includes providing couple, individual and family therapy to clients seeking help in resolving intrapersonal and/or interpersonal conflicts and/or situational stresses in their lives. This also includes:
- Displaying excellent diagnostic skills
- Assessing the impact of psychosocial stressors in order to minimize the negative, destructive outcome of a crisis experience
- Displaying excellent interviewing skills
- Possessing excellent theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and treatment techniques of each type of therapy
What you need
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Mental Health counseling
- Ability to apply the theories and techniques of therapy in the clinical setting in the provision of ongoing services to individuals and families
- Knowledge of growth and development issues specific to children, adolescents, young adults, and older adult age-groups
- Positive community presence coordinating with school personnel.
- Computer/keyboarding skills for patient information electronic record keeping
- Knowledgeable of growth and development issues specific to children, adolescents, adults and older adult age group
- Acceptable agency driver
What Makes You Stand Out
- Full professional license (LMHC or LISW). LMHC temporary license is considered
- Experience and knowledge of working with younger children
- Experience working with mentally ill clients in a community setting
- Excellent time management, organization, and flexibility
It is a privilege and unique opportunity to work with people who want to make changes to improve their lives or the circumstances of their lives in order to be happier and more satisfied.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|