Corporate ControllerFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Corporate Controller will be directly responsible for ensuring a robust control environment, monthly and quarterly closings, external and internal reporting, manufacturing and distribution, financial and cost accounting support, treasury, credit and collections, and accounts payable. The Corporate Controller will serve as a key advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
The Corporate Controller will lead the entire accounting, controlling, treasury and tax functions within the organization to ensure a robust control environment, timely and accurate reporting both internally and externally, and adequate cash flow to support the daily operations of the Company. The position will partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team in preparing annual strategic and budgeting processes and monthly and quarterly forecasting processes.
Though department resources are in place, part of the successful candidate’s role will also be to continue to assess, recruit and build a highly energized, skilled and goal-oriented team focused on supporting business growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible for leading the global accounting function for the Company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the requirements of regulatory agencies, and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring sound financial controls, policies and procedures are in place to support a robust control environment and safeguard the Company’s assets and accurately report results. Coordinates efforts across multiple departments to ensure all compliance requirements, including SOX, are met.
- Managing interim and annual external audits
- Identify emerging issues, threats and opportunities, and initiate actions to ensure the Company’s financial condition serves as an underpinning of its ability to achieve its strategic objectives
- Responsible for administering and adapting, as appropriate, policies and practices to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance with all laws and regulations, including SOX
- Lead and manage the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes in accordance with GAAP, all laws and regulations including those dictated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Company’s policy and procedures
- Provide oversight, leadership and direction for manufacturing and distribution cost accounting and financial support
- Lead and manage the treasury function as well as provide direct oversight to credit, collections and accounts payable transactional teams
- Work with the sales organization to ensure appropriate credit extension to customers to enable sales growth while minimizing Company risk for uncollectible accounts
- Work with the Global Supply Chain team to establish payment terms at appropriate levels for vendors
- Monitor and ensure adequate cash flow to support the daily operations of the business
- Provide support and analysis of the capital structure of the Company and any financing arrangements including credit facilities, letters of credit and equity issuance to seek ways unlock value
- Provide oversight of external vendors and contribute to tax strategy, quarterly provision analysis, state and federal filings and annual tax return preparation and submission
- Responsible to ensuring business enterprise risks are properly identified for the Company and have appropriate visibility and actions in place to mitigate risks
- Interface with Company Executives and Officers on day-to-day issues which require attention and corrective action
- Assist in evaluating acquisition targets, control environments, compliance and overseeing the appropriate sections of due diligence and successful financial integration to the Company
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Current or prior experience as a Corporate Controller or Assistant Controller in a publicly traded company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA accreditation required
- MBA preferred but not required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of SEC rules, regulations and reporting requirements for publicly traded companies
- Current in all generally accepted accounting principles, related accounting standards and guidance, knowledge and ability to use external resources for additional guidance when required
- Experience in treasury management and supervision or direct knowledge of related processes like credit, collections and disbursements
- Outstanding organizational leadership skills. A track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing (across functions, geographies and cultures) through others in an open, collaborative and non-hierarchical manner. Must be a strong teacher and coach.
- Must have a strong track record of having built, installed and continuously improved systems that support a strong operational finance capability. Disciplines include cost accounting, standard costing, manufacturing and distribution financial analysis, inventory accounting and control, and forecasting and budgeting
- Must have a strong executive presence and communication skills
- Capable of expanded senior team roles in finance and/or management
- Merger and acquisition experience in due diligence processes, purchase accounting and integration
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|