Clinical Coordinator in the Physician Assistant ProgramUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Clinical Coordinator in the Physician Assistant Program. The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including a tuition remission policy, paid holidays, sick time, 4 weeks of vacation, as well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Facilitate and assist with the identification, establishment, and maintenance of relationships with area health providers and the community
- Work directly with the Clinical Education Director and Clinical Team to identify prospective clinical rotation sites
- Assist in the development and execution of agreements and/or contracts
- Effectively utilize the Typhon program or equivalent clinical tracking system
- Manage student clinical phase placements
- Develop orientation sessions for upcoming clinical phase
- Organize and participate in end of rotation educational workshops
- Collaborate with PA program faculty to evaluate clinical sites
- Coordinate and track site visits. Some travel will be involved
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records related to the clinical phase placements
- Coordinate, maintain, and perform periodic analyses of the student and clinical site databases
- Perform analyses, as assigned, of clinical year outcomes for clinical year reports
- Participate in the ARC-PA accreditation meetings and on-site evaluation
- Assist with on campus interviews of PA program applicants
- Develop recruitment plans and policies for the continued obtainment of clinical rotation sites/facilities.
- Build and maintain working relationships with University departments and external organizations
- Assist with preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to funding and accreditation
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the University’s mission
- Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization; or bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience. Preferred experience working with clinical placement coordination
- Ability to recruit healthcare facilities and providers to facilitate supervised clinical experiences
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be detail oriented and have good interpersonal communication and marketing skills
- Ability to speak effectively before students or employees of organizations
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relations with students, faculty and administration
- Ability to interact effectively with others and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse university community
- Knowledge of the University’s organizational structure
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills (intermediate – database, spreadsheet, word-processing, internet)
To apply with a growing University for the Clinical Coordinator position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|