Lab TechnicianBARD Materials, Dubuque, IA
BARD Materials was founded on the principles of dedication, service, quality, and integrity in business. By keeping these principles at the forefront, BARD Materials has grown to employ over 160 employees with a network of 20 ready mix plants and 30 aggregate sources serving the Tri-State area. Being family owned since 1946 and operating in small towns, BARD Material's integrity is rooted in small town values.
Safety is paramount at BARD Materials. Our goal everyday is to send our employees home safely to their friends and families. We work hard to identify and respond to safety concerns and allow our employees to grow through empowerment, training, and the use of new technology. We value our employees who perform their jobs effectively, efficiently, and with business ethics to ensure long term relationships for themselves, our company and our customers.
BARD Materials combines small town values with the capabilities to perform any job. Being a small player in a large industry, BARD Materials strives everyday to be the best - not the biggest - and to Safely Deliver Material Value with Integrity.
BARD Materials is seeking a detail-oriented, forward-thinking candidate to join our team as a Lab Technician at our Central Lab in Dubuque, Iowa. This position is in our Technical Services department and would report directly to our QC/QA Analyst. This position is hourly with potential for seasonal layoffs. Comprehensive benefits listed below.
BARD’s Tech Services Technicians have an incredible drive to understand and follow written procedures, unquestionable integrity, and are always focused on continuous improvement. We strive for accuracy, precision, and clarity in a challenging industry where everything affects everything.
Typical Lab Technician duties include, but are not limited to, various forms of measurement of concrete and aggregate specimens to a standard and assembling appropriate reports. Reports are sent in a timely manner to appropriate team members. Lab Technician will also have opportunities to aid in the field testing of concrete and aggregates during peak production times. In this role, Lab Technician plays a key role in data creation for the future of concrete and aggregates.
- A top-notch, high-intensity team
- Open minds to explore new methods and ideas
- State-of-the-art resources
- A technology-forward focus
- A natural fit to BARD’s Core Values
- An obsessive attention to detail
- The drive for continued education, both formal and informal
- The ability to navigate, prioritize, and complete assigned tasks within specific timeframes
- A vocational degree in applicable field or 3 years applicable experience
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Word, and general computer skills
- A willingness to work with a positive attitude within all towards supporting departments
- The ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with a focus on solutions to challenges
- The ability to lift up to 60 pound pails and 30 pounds above the waist
Build and Maintain Relationships
Choose to be Positive and Resilient
Always Learn, Do, and Improve
Commit to Quality
Focus on the Customer
Act as One BARD
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||Dubuque, IA|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|