Registered Nurse - Dyersville Senior Care - Full Time - NightsMercyOne, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
MercyOne Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. MercyOne – Dubuque has 263 beds while MercyOne – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
MercyOne offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. MercyOne also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. MercyOne’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital for the fourth time in 2019.
MercyOne Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
MercyOne is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at https://www.mercyone.org/dubuque/.
The MercyOne registered nurse must hold an active license to practice nursing in the state of Iowa. A baccalaureate degree in nursing and certification by a nationally recognized nursing organization is preferred and strongly encouraged. An applicant must have a minimum of an associate's degree in nursing. The registered nurse continuously seeks opportunities to enhance his or her own professional nursing practice. Membership in an appropriate professional nursing organization is recommended.
MercyOne promotes excellence in nursing practice and a thriving professional practice environment, as evidenced by our designation as a Magnet Hospital. Consistent with the American Nurses Association's Nursing Social Policy Statement , we support the definition of professional nursing and the essential features of contemporary nursing practice including:
- Provision of a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing
- Attention to the range of human experiences and responses to health, disease, and illness within the physical and social environments
- Integration of objective data with knowledge gained from an appreciation of the patient's or group's subjective experience
- Application of scientific knowledge to the processes of diagnosis and treatment through the use of judgment and critical thinking
- Advancement of professional nursing knowledge through scholarly inquiry
- Influence of social and public policy to promote social justice
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care is a 40-bed nursing home in Dyersville, Iowa, dedicated to providing the highest quality care. Owned and operated by MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center, we offer a full range of services in a personal, home-likesetting designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs ofeach resident. We pride ourselves on providing neighborly care to ourcommunity, and creating a feeling of warmth, welcome, and well-being for ourresidents with the following long-term care services:
• Professional nursing care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Medicare Part B rehabilitation program
• Healthy meals and registered dietitians to monitor nutritional needs
• Social worker to provide counseling, guidance, and emotional support
• Restorative nursing to enhance and maintain resident's physical well-being
• Hospice suite available to provide comfort for residents and families
• A wide range of activities, including Mass and rosary
⬤⬤ Nurses work 12-hour shifts
• Day shift: 0500 – 1730
• Night shift: 1700 – 0530
⬤⬤ Schedules are completed on a 6-week rotation, allowing for advance
⬤⬤ We hire nurses with their ADN and BSN (preferred) with orientation paired
with a preceptor..
⬤⬤ MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care is certified through CMS and is licensed through the Department
of Inspections and Appeals. This identifies that the facility is held to high
standards of resident care.
This listing has expired
12 Hour Shift
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|