Childcare DirectorHills & Dales, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
The Childcare Director is responsible for the development, administration, supervision, & operations of the program. This position ensures the program(s) operate at a high level of quality, and meet state and federal regulations. Requires collaborative working relationships with departments, community, regulatory officials, and families in the performance of its operations.
The Childcare Director position is a full-time, salary position.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Implements the Organization’s policies and procedures in assigned areas; ensures adherence to those established policies and procedures and assures accountability to standards of quality are implemented and maintained.
- Works closely with regulatory agencies at the local, county, state, and federal level to ensure the childcare center meets all licensing standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the center.
- Monitors and ensures performance indicators of assigned area are in compliance with Hills & Dales policies, federal, state and local regulations for the program and meet the quality standards of the Organization.
- Complete the scheduling for both the children who use the center and the staff making sure staff to child ratio is met at all times.
- Oversees enrollment of children into the center assuring physicals and immunization reports are up to date for the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Responsible for communicating with the enrolled children’s parents/guardians in an effort to provide high quality, value-added programs and services.
- Responsible for generating weekly invoices to parents and submitting bi-weekly billing for families qualifying for Iowa’s childcare assistance program using approved software programs, and assures payment of fees and services is timely and up to date.
- Will work one-on-one with staff to receive all lesson plans and programming schedules. Oversees the programming and has the responsibility to change or recommend adjustments as needed. The director also runs the monthly staff meetings and shall spend some time in each of the classrooms on a regularly scheduled basis to observe the staff and their interactions with the children.
- Approve time card reports needed to process biweekly payroll, processes weekly expense reports and submits billing and payment information to business office in a timely fashion.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems and maintaining harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Responsible for ordering all supplies needed for the center, including those needed for projects and programming.
- Will assure that all codes are being met regarding the physical nature of the building for the State of Iowa Department of Health and Human Services.
- Maintain Iowa’s Quality Rating by meeting key indicators of quality in areas of professional development, health and safety, environment, family and community partnership, and leadership and administration.
- Responsible to assure that monthly drills are conducted and reported.
- In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer, will determine which policies need to be adopted or revised for the center on matters of staff and childcare policy, charges for service, food issues, behavioral policies, etc.
- Will be responsible for writing a monthly newsletter for the parents/guardians of the center.
- Assures transportation needs are provide and or coordinated as needed.
- Assists with the development of training standards for the center in the assigned areas and assess training needs of assigned staff and coordinates with Human Resources the development of necessary training programs; assures training requirements of staff are met in accordance with department regulations.
- Develops and over sees budgets for the center in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and analyzes the financial statements and understands the center’s financial status.
- Develops the strategic direction of the center programs inclusive of short and long term goals for the programs that support the Organization’s overall mission and business strategies in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Promotes and actively participates in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer the marketing and public relations of Hills & Dales to assure consistent knowledge, awareness and support are achieved.
- Develops quantifiable measurement tools to monitor quality and effectiveness within areas of responsibility.
- Conducts audits and reviews to ensure quality of service and consistency of policies.
- Serves on assigned committees for the successful operation of the Organization and implementation of Hills & Dales strategies.
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of the assigned areas and employees.
- Provides ongoing reports and updates to Chief Executive Officer and others as necessary regarding overall operations status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in early childhood, child development, or elementary education preferred; may consider an Associate’s degree in child development or bachelor’s degree in a child related field or a Child development associate (CDA) or one year diploma in child development from a community college or technical school; Bachelor’s degree in a non-child related field or Associate’s degree in a non-child related field or completion of at least two years of a four year degree.
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicle.
- Experience working in a child care center or preschool setting preferred, may consider child development related experience or registered child development home or non-registered family home provider.
- Attended business administration course, administrative related training or 1 year administrative related experience.
- Must complete CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions, Mandatory Reporting and Essentials Child Care Pre-service Series in the first three months of employment and 10 contact hours of child related training annually.
To Learn More About the Hills & Dales Childcare Center and to Apply,
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|