Chef Garde MangerEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for all cold food production.
- Oversees all production for banquet culinary staff including bakery.
- Visually inspects appearance of all food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
- Ensures proper receipt, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products in compliance with health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating, and placing items in proper containers in kitchen.
- Writes, maintains, and updates all assigned menu specifications, recipes, pictures and production forecasts for all cold food production.
- Monitors all equipment in kitchen, making sure it is clean and in proper working on condition. Writes work tickets for equipment in need of repair.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Evaluates performance, rewards, coaches, and counsels all Garde Manger, Bakery, and Utility staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly manages culinary department members, including Garde Manger Cooks, Bakery Cooks, and Utility Staff. Assists Executive Chef in supervision of all culinary staff as needed.
- Assures that an effective orientation program is in place for each new direct report.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef and or Chef de Cuisine, oversees total food production for the entire food service operation.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans/adjusts accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Communicates policy and procedure changes to the culinary department.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks, as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Incorporates safe work practices at all times.
- Attends staff meetings, as directed by Executive Chef.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Communicates effectively with all other staff. Open to learning new methods of food preparation.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Culinary Certificate from college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Experience in managing events and personnel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: May be required: to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; to write routine reports and correspondence; to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: May be required: to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: May be required to apply common sense understanding, to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to make appropriate judgements regarding food preparation responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Practice written safety standards and rules at all times. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to push/pull/lift 50 pounds. Job requires standing for long periods of time. Requires the ability to reach, grab, and feel. Frequently stands; uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; talks or hears; tastes or smells. Regularly walks and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits; stoops, or crouches.
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|