Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
The Behavior Technician is responsible for administering and implementing all applied behavior analysis (ABA) programs and services within the Hills & Dales Autism Services for clients with autism and autism spectrum disorders. The role requires collaborative working relationships with children, family/visitors, co-workers, physicians and their office staff, social services, dietary/nutrition, school system employees, vendors/volunteers, outside agencies, students and all necessary departments in the performance of operations & responsibilities.
specific duties and responsibilities
- Provision of Care
- Follows care plan established by BCBA
- Seeks input from BCBA and suggests changes, communicates needs
- Consistently performs tasks and procedures safely, correctly and effectively to achieve optimal client outcomes
- Completes appropriate paperwork
- Monitors clients response to treatment
- Completed on day of service
- Documentation supports charges
- Documentation addresses goals and progress of client
- Includes documentation necessary for regulatory guidelines and reimbursement
- Follows state and regulatory guidelines
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and regulatory guidelines
- Documentation supports submitted charges
- Completed on day of service
- Demonstrates & carries out the mission & values of the organization and is a role model operating with the highest standards of ethical practices.
- Provides constructive suggestions and input to department needs
- Provides support for Autism Team
- Attends educational seminars and expands knowledge
- Maintains appropriate certifications
- Maintains confidentiality of clients per HIPAA policy
- Communication with staff
- Utilizes voicemail and email to streamline process
- Efficiently directs calls to appropriate person
- Provides information appropriate for persons involved
- Establishes & maintains a continuous methodology of communication with the Behavior Analyst.
- Interpersonal skills
- Positive interaction with staff members & contributes to positive work environment
- Transfer of information to other staff members in timely, appropriate manner
- Plans day-to-day activities and communicates to others
- Works as a team for the betterment of the department
- Provides others with information needed to complete job
- Keeps area organized and communicates changes to others
- Able to multitask and follow through with assigned duties
- Prioritizes and delegates to others
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Utilizes technology to decrease duplication of documents
- Proficient in use of fax/email
- Serves on committees for the successful operation of the Organization and implementation of Hills & Dales strategies, as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
knowledge, skills and abilities
- Provide a high level of customer responsiveness and serves as a role model to encourage a commitment to customer services.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate to people across all levels and diverse backgrounds; ability to handle interactions with discretion, tact and courtesy.
- Must have ability to give clear instructions to individuals and groups ranging from toddler to adult.
- Must possess the skills necessary to provide direct patient care specific to each age group in accordance with program protocol.
- Must have ability to plan day-to-day activities and work independently.
- Must be able to put clients at ease and make them comfortable.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively work with other Hills & Dales employees and guests.
- Must be able to function as a Behavior Technician in all commonly practiced aspects of patient assessment and intervention appropriate for the assigned age group.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain MANDT certification &/or other agency approved behavior support certifications.
- Must be able to treat behavioral challenges and address interventions based on educational recommendations and priorities for learning.
- Maintains an excellent working relationship within the department, with Hills & Dales internal customers and with community partners.
- Must be able to interact with community partners as needed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with others in a helpful and courteous manner.
- May be required to increase/decrease work schedule and/or vary hours depending on the needs of the department.
- Demonstrates and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA & agency confidentiality procedures.
- Ability to use computer systems to include keyboarding and data entry; learn and understand applications such as but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, the internet, on-line training software, program specific applications, for agency purposes.
- Thorough understanding of general safety requirements for industry.
- Ability to implement and monitor the client care practices such that performance indicators meet federal and state regulations, the quality & CARF standards established by the Organization.
- Ability to independently handle crisis situations.
- Demonstration of acceptable levels of attendance, punctuality, and work ethic such that the job performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- In all cases of physical requirements, appropriate reasonable accommodations will be considered whenever possible to allow position incumbent to accomplish essential functions in an alternative manner:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds is required. Ability to maintain balance. Position requires frequent to constant stooping, walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, grasping & reaching; occasionally may need to run, lift, carry & climb as well as pushing, pulling & sitting; with some standing & crawling.
- Ability to physically respond to client elopements, block and redirect acts of aggression by clients.
- Ability to read, hear, & speak, along with the ability to smell.
- Ability to see to include field of vision, depth perception, clarity up close and far, along with being able to identify & distinguish colors.
- Ability to use computer systems to include, keyboarding & data entry.
- Ability to drive to different client sites and Hills & Dales sites.
EDUCATION, Experience, Licensure, certification and TRAINING required
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Behavior Technician must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology or another Health related field.
- Become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) within one year of hire by passing the certification exam offered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
- A minimum of three months experience resulting in an established clinical background in the treatment of children with Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledgeable in area of school curriculum, especially Strategies for Teaching Based on Autism Research (STAR).
- Must have a general working knowledge of computers and department specific software.
- Experience with services and resources available within the community for families and children, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in applying please visit:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|