Legal AssistantO'Connor & Thomas PC, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Job Title: Legal Admin Assistant
Reports To: Attorney and Administrator
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Under the general supervision and direction of assigned attorney(s) and the Administrator, Legal Secretaries are responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to attorneys, paralegals and other personnel as assigned. Legal Secretaries are expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients, producing quality work products, and maintaining an atmosphere of team work and continuous improvement. Above all, Legal Secretaries must fulfill the needs of the office in a positive and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to type at least 70 words per minute
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel
- Thorough knowledge of the proper preparation of time records and expense reports
- Thorough knowledge of the proper preparation of client bills and conflict-checking forms
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Thorough familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to general legal concepts and specific area(s) of assignment
- Proficiency with advanced telephone functions, including conference calling and voicemail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Familiarity with legal filing and record-keeping practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency on office equipment used on a regular basis including computers, printers, copy machines, facsimile machines, telephones and transcription machines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects thorough to completion
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in a team setting
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the office and firm
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, vendors and others outside the firm
- Strong service orientation
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth
Education and/or Experience
Administrative Assistant certification or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to occasionally lift a box equal to 25 lbs when closing out a file. Occasional bending to insert files into drawers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|