PT Security OfficerLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Part-time position working Saturdays & Sundays from 3pm-11pm. Other nights and weekends as required. Possibilities to fill in shifts when needed.
Performs routine security duties in providing a safe environment for the entire Loras Community and its visitors, as well as maintaining the security of all College facilities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- Checks the security log for usable information such as license number of suspicious vehicles on campus or descriptions of questionable individuals.
- Enters noteworthy entries into security log and files incident reports regarding involvement or knowledge of a major campus incident or a case of student misconduct.
- Carries communication unit and flashlight while performing duties.
- Watches for vandals, prowlers, fire, water leaks, or other unusual occurrences which may lead to loss or damage to property of equipment.
- Issues traffic/parking citations to violators. Escorts individuals upon request.
- Assists individuals on campus requiring security services.
- Furnishes information to individuals in a courteous manner.
- Transport injured or ill member of the Loras community to medical treatment when other transportation is not available.
- Makes service calls for administrative offices.
- Assists the police or fire department in any serious on-campus incident.
- Monitors the usage facilities by authorized persons only.
- Performs routine "walk" through patrol of any special event, such as softball, wrestling, etc., that does not require a special duty officer.
- Services security vehicle.
- Works special events as scheduled.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral and written - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and in writing.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Experience: Two to four years related experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses: Must become certified in CPR and AED. Must possess a valid driver's license. Must be able to pass police records check.
Other Requirements: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of security equipment and devices. Understanding of related legal requirements. Understanding of College security needs and systems. Knowledge of the procedures involved in buildings and grounds security work. Knowledge of the Loras student handbook and student right to privacy act (Buckley). Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with students, college personnel and the public. Persistent and able to work in stressful situations. Attentive to detail. Ability to assist others. Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|