Individual Program CoordinatorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
- Enjoy working with individuals with disabilities?
- Have a passion for community service?
- Value building collaborative relationships?
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field?
If this describes you, the Individual Program Coordinator (IPC) position at Area Residential Care (ARC) may be the next step in your career! You will work with our consumers and their parents/guardians, agency staff, business professionals, and community members to develop high quality case coordination between day and residential programming, and develop supports to ensure that people served reach their personal goals and meet outcomes.
At ARC our mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. We value the rights and responsibilities of our consumers and believe the community provides the natural environment in which they should live, work,and recreate.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field and 1-2 years relevant experience required
- Ability to read, develop, comprehend and analyze individual program plans, monthlies, a variety of reports, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria to travel between various agency sites regularly.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Area Residential Care is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to fulfilling the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities and guiding them to achieve their highest quality of life! We also offer a range of benefits that include: health and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement savings plans, vision coverage, and PTO. Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit your current resume with three professional references to email@example.com.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|