Structural EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Structural Engineer - 58107
John Deere's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division in Dubuque, IA, is seeking a Structural Engineer to be responsible for design, verification, and kinematic modeling of structural, sheet metal, and linkage systems for Excavator Machine forms. The development will be done in a Product Development Program (PDP) team environment. The PDP team will include both local and remote international employees as well as contactors and various outside suppliers. In this position, you will be a member of the PDP team and will be expected to provide leadership for that functional area. In addition, you will:
- Participate in all design related aspects of the Deere product delivery process for structural functional areas
- Act as a key point of contact with internal manufacturing and structural component suppliers
- Create and maintain kinematic analysis models as needed for structural projects
- Interact with the finite element analysis group in the process of verifying and optimizing designs
- Provide technical evaluation and feedback support for structural functional area during the PDP Project Phases
- Execute high level applications to resolve complex problems
- Support production launches, PDP physical builds at our China factory and problem resolution in the field
- Contribute to product design guidelines and engineering analysis procedures for Excavators.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Strong product design skills in the area of structural design
- 3 or more years of cumulative product design experience
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Experience with 3D modeling packages and modeling tools
- Ability and willingness to work outside of core business hours due to the international aspects of the product program
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestic and internationally
What Makes You Stand Out
- Direct excavator machine form experience
- Experience designing vehicle frames and dig components
- Experience with data acquisition and data post processing
- International experience and Mandarin language skills
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.