Category Manager-Direct MaterialsFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
This role is responsible for leading strategic sourcing and category management activities including analyzing the company’s spending, identifying cost savings opportunities, evaluating supplier partnerships (capabilities and capacities), contract negotiations, generation of contracts to assure seamless availability of all products, and identification of new global sourcing possibilities. This position is also responsible to work cross-functionally to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions that will optimize the overall category while reducing total costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and consistently execute category strategies with business leads, negotiating for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Analyze category markets and assess risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions and technical information that affects the commodity. Develop sourcing strategies and category management strategies based on market intelligence gathered. Be a central point of expertise and knowledge for assigned categories.
- Oversee RFI, RFP and contract development, review processes and utilize appropriate support tools to enhance sustainable results.
- Negotiate and manage key supplier relationships and global supply contracts.
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams / interact cross-functionally with all other departments at Flexsteel and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization.
- Promote continuous improvement/cost reductions on a regular and proactive basis.
- Monitor category purchasing reports and ensure compliance with appropriate established policies and procedures on a continuous basis.
- Identify and implement streamlined category purchasing processes and supporting tools.
- Analyzes industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Develops forecasts for future demand, develop plan for meeting operational requirements and guide supplier diversification to deliver.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration with 2-5 years of experience in a progressively responsible procurement, sourcing or supply chain role.
- Supply chain certification preferred but not required
- Strong command of vendor performance management and contract administration. Experience with high-value, high-volume purchasing and contract negotiation experience across a range of services and commodities.
- Experience with developing and implementing successful cost saving initiatives and a good understanding of procurement trends and best practices (i.e. reverse auctions, e-sourcing, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen understanding of relevant cost drivers. Strong negotiation, contracting, communication (verbal & written), influence and leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically (business processes, industry dynamics, short- and long-term impacts, supplier capabilities and manufacturing practices, general market conditions, etc.).
- Demonstrated project management experience, ability to establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria).
- Results oriented, proactive, flexible and responsive to change.
- Advanced MS Office skills and proven ability to learn and work effectively in different ERP systems
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|