Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
This role is responsible for analyzing category data and executing specific plans/objectives within specific categories per the direction of category managers. This position is also responsible to work cross functionally to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions that will optimize the overall category while reducing total costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Category Managers on all Purchasing activities and strategy execution
- Provide deep analytical support in:
- Developing spend profile
- Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Supplier proposals and supplier negotiations
- Provide customer support and follow up. Work with internal customers to develop scope of work and bid documents for RFPs.
- Perform research and specialist projects as needed. This includes working with category managers to identify new suppliers to include in RFPs, new technologies/ products/ processes and general research
- Lead the strategic sourcing analysis efforts within assigned categories
- Support the implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Execute supplier performance management techniques in accordance with defined standards and guidelines.
- Support Category Managers in working to identify future sourcing opportunities
- Execute/support day-to-day operations. Support maintenance of all category contracts and agreements on a continuous basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business with 3-5 years of business and/or financial analytics experience.
- Demonstrated experience in entire buying process
- Advanced MS Office skills and proven ability to learn and work effectively in different ERP systems
- Ability to assemble large amounts of data, summarize, glean and effectively and efficiently communicate insightful and actionable information
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with employees, internal partners and external vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience working directly with multiple levels of management.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects and aggressively pursue deadlines independently.
- Attention to details; ability to work with complex quotations and properly analyze them.
- Proven ability to effectively organize and prioritize.
- Working understanding of procurement trends and best practices (i.e. reverse auctions, e-sourcing, etc.).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|