Finance CoordinatorNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this job class. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
• Receive and process payments from students and other College departments. Reconcile and prepare daily bank deposits.
• Interact with students in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality of students’ account information. Meet with students one-on-one to advise and answer questions about tuition charges, payment plans and policies. Respond promptly to student inquiries, i.e., telephone calls, e-mail, letters, and walk-ins. Respond promptly and work proactively with the Finance Manager and the Student Services Team to resolve student account issues and problems.
• Advise students on the BankMobile refund process and the Nelnet Payment Plan.
• Complete outreach to students with unpaid balances and advise students on available payment options.
• Assist Finance Manager with handling and resolving student appeals. Conduct research on student account issues and maintain communication related to them with all involved parties.
• Present student account information to new students and represent Financial Services at orientations.
Associate degree or higher in Business, Accounting or related field and experience in a business setting required.
Excellent bookkeeping/accounting skills. Proficient in the knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and other business software applications. Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task with little direct supervision. Ability to grasp concepts and procedures quickly. Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills to work effectively with students and employees. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|