RN Valve Coordinator - Cardiology RN IIIMedical Associates, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
The Cardiology Department at Medical Associates East Campus is growing their team and hiring a RN Valve Coordinator (RN III level) to join the team.
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday. 8 hour days, during clinic hours. Flexibility for earlier meetings or evening community presentations as needed. Full benefits eligible.
Location: East Campus - 1000 Langworthy Drive, Dubuque, IA
Seeking Candidates who have:
- Excellent communication skills- you are able to communicate professionally with anybody
- 3-5 years of cardiology experience- strong knowledge base of heart and valvular disease and medical comorbities
- Good computer skills- PowerPoint, word, excel, Cerner, ValvePoint preferred
- Reliable attendance- punctual, dependable
- Desire to develop this new role and make continuous improvements to the process and service
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills
- Know your own limitations- you often utilize all available resources when unsure and aren't afraid to ask for help
Coordinates and provides nursing care for severe aortic stenosis patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Assists other healthcare personnel in identifying health care needs and interacts with patients, families and all levels of personnel, medical staff, insurance providers and community services. Identify and coordinate educational programs. Communicates across the continuum of healthcare services to ensure that systems integrate efficiently in order to best serve patients, staff, providers and community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish rapport and act as a liaison among patient, family, community, provider as well as other healthcare team members. In collaboration with multidisciplinary team, evaluate patient referrals to develop individualized plan of care across the continuum of care. Gather appropriate medical records, coordinate all appointments/diagnostic testing and obtain authorizations as necessary. Follow through with test results and plan of care with patient/family member both pre- and post-procedure. Serve as primary contact for referring providers and healthcare team members.
- Ensure completeness of cardiac evaluation. Collect and input results and risk stratification data to valve website. Report results and participate in interpretation of data and formulation of action plan. Create and present case review with structural heart team.
- Assist with creating, implementing and evaluating education strategies for patients and family members. Identify appropriate educational materials for patients, families, medical staff and multidisciplinary personnel to accomplish patient care outcomes.
- Maintain database of patient information, outcomes and other reporting data for Quality Management, Utilization Review, Information Technology and other applicable departments. Participate in any follow up actions to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing and community outreach strategies. Participate in community events and educational presentations.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three to five years of cardiology experience. Strong knowledge base of heart and valvular disease. Knowledge of medical comorbidities.
Education: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or certification at a business or trade school. RN license.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Other skills: Excellent communication skills, including public speaking. Attention to detail and organized. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Comfortable with electronic medical records. Previous Cerner or ValvePoint experience beneficial.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|