Health Insurance Sales Associates - Cedar Rapids & Iowa CityMedical Associates, Cedar Rapids, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates Health Plans, based out of Dubuque, Iowa, is expanding their service area and growing their Sales team! This Health Insurance Sales Associate will be based out of Cedar Rapids & Iowa City and will travel in/around the territory area.
Travel and Schedule: Travel required to designated cities in Iowa up to 50% of time (estimating ~30% day trips, ~10% overnight). This candidate must be flexible with their schedule to reach their goals. The candidate would be responsible for scheduling meetings and travel logistics. Comprehensive training and orientation would take place in Dubuque, Iowa for the first two weeks then have ongoing support via team calls and occasional on-site visits in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City or Dubuque.
As a successful candidate, you are self-directed, financially motivated, and goal-oriented. You are naturally empathetic and have the ability to relate to anybody. You always have plenty of patience, persistence, and resilience.
Role: Promote both Medicare and small group health plans products directly to individuals and employer groups. Facilitate presentations, represent Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), and execute sales at meetings, in office settings, and at community establishments. Establish and maintain broker relations. Provide assistance for all Medicare projects as directed. www.mahealthplans.com
Compensation and Full-Time Benefit Overview:
• Competitive base salary plus commission
• Reimbursement for travel
• Health and Dental Insurance
• 401k- eligible for employer match and Profit Sharing Plan after 1 year
• Medical & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
• Life, LTD, and AD&D Insurance
• Vacation accrual
• Short Term Disability/Sick-Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for making regularly scheduled Medicare Information and Sales presentations, and for making the resulting sales at those meetings. Proper documentation must be provided, and regulations must be strictly followed. Responsible for attending to walk-in Medicare prospects when in the office. Handle service items, return phone calls, and inquiries from Medicare members.
• Establish and maintain contact with prospective employer groups to represent MAHP products and services. This includes nurturing qualified leads, generating proposals, conducting enrollment meetings and executing benefit contracts.
• Secure meetings with brokers and groups in targeted geographic locations, successfully marketing, presenting, and educating potential partners. Following up through traditional and creative methods to finalize sales and provide support.
• Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
• Note: this job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Experience: One to three years of related sales and/or health insurance experience required.
Other Skills: Insurance license for Iowa (the company will pay to obtain insurance licensure if not already acquired).
Education: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or certification at a business or trade school. Iowa insurance license required.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job. Excellent and adaptable written and verbal communication styles. Being compassionate, friendly, outgoing, and personable will help this person succeed.
Timeline: Seeking candidates willing and able to start Fall 2019.
This listing has expired
Cedar Rapids, IA
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|