Direct Materials – Category ManagerSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Direct Materials – Category Manager
Location: Dubuque, IA
Wage: Commensurate based on skill set, education and previous work experience. (Full benefits package available)
Direct Hire Opportunity
Sedona Staffing Services is partnering with a local Dubuque, IA manufacturing company who is seeking a talented leader to be responsible for leading strategic sourcing and category management activities including analyzing the company’s spending, identifying cost savings opportunities, evaluating supplier partnerships (capabilities and capacities), contract negotiations, generation of contracts to assure seamless availability of all products, and identification of new global sourcing possibilities. This position is also responsible to work cross-functionally to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions that will optimize the overall category while reducing total costs.
What You Get To Do:
- Develop and consistently execute category strategies with business leads, negotiating for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Analyze category markets and assess risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions and technical information that affects the commodity. Develop sourcing strategies and category management strategies based on market intelligence gathered. Be a central point of expertise and knowledge for assigned categories.
- Oversee RFI, RFP and contract development, review processes and utilize appropriate support tools to enhance sustainable results.
- Negotiate and manage key supplier relationships and global supply contracts.
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams / interact cross-functionally with all other departments at the hiring company and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization.
- Promote continuous improvement/cost reductions on a regular and proactive basis.
- Monitor category purchasing reports and ensure compliance with appropriate established policies and procedures on a continuous basis.
- Identify and implement streamlined category purchasing processes and supporting tools.
- Analyzes industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Develops forecasts for future demand, develop plan for meeting operational requirements and guide supplier diversification to deliver.
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration with 2-5 years of experience in a progressively responsible procurement, sourcing or supply chain role.
- Strong command of vendor performance management and contract administration. Experience with high-value, high-volume purchasing and contract negotiation experience across a range of services and commodities.
- Experience with developing and implementing successful cost saving initiatives and a good understanding of procurement trends and best practices (i.e. reverse auctions, e-sourcing, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen understanding of relevant cost drivers. Strong negotiation, contracting, communication (verbal & written), influence and leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically (business processes, industry dynamics, short- and long-term impacts, supplier capabilities and manufacturing practices, general market conditions, etc.).
- Demonstrated project management experience, ability to establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria).
- Supply chain certification preferred but not required
- Results oriented, proactive, flexible and responsive to change.
A full benefits package is offered to include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life insurance, etc.
If you are interested in learning more, please submit a copy of your professional resume to
Amanda Saylor I firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.