Materials ManagerSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
A local Dubuque owned and operated manufacturer is seeking to add a Materials Manager to their management team Materials Manager will support a broad variety of Materials, supply chain and procurement functions and works independently, reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
What you get to do:
- Develop, implement, and oversee department activities, policies and procedures.
- Develop, oversee, review and report supply chain metrics.
- Establish and maintain accurate specifications for sourced materials.
- Maintain organized vendor files, with capabilities and performance.
- Ensure all third parties performing work comply with policy in regards to proper certificates of insurance and worker’s compensation coverage.
- Coordinate and supervise inventory and cycle counts, track inventory record accuracy.
- Maintain setup and utilize ERP system.
- Use lean methodology to drive improvements throughout department, and mentor staff.
- Manage the flow, storage and use of warehouse programs to fit the business.
- Prepare and analyze inventory reports, vendors spend, and monitor price increases (market).
- Analyze the status of obsolescence, slow moving and surplus inventory.
- Forecast future needs, inventory positions and spend.
- Research various material options and work with required parties to initiate cost savings opportunities.
- Utilize scrap data to improve company’s positions or internal process decisions.
- Recommend, purchase and supervise the purchase of commodities and services.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate favorable prices, terms, and other provisions of supplier agreements, considering quality, cost, and delivery.
- Create and issue PO’s to vendors to maintain required inventory levels.
- Ensure that purchasing documents are properly completed (specs, terms, quantity, price).
- Formulate procurement policy and recommend changes as needed to keep current with management concepts.
Vendor Management/Quality Responsibilities:
- Create and develop a supplier rating system.
- Communicate and develop a good working relationship with vendors and develop a general working knowledge of materials and where they are used.
- Manage supplier quality and performance including return of defective goods.
- Manage vendor consignment programs.
- Participate with management team to formulate and execute strategies to maximize cost savings.
- Work with suppliers to find ways of reducing costs, improving service, leveraging spend and ensuring quality is maintained.
- Work to consolidate vendors and leverage spend depending on sourcing strategy or commodity.
- Understand and analyze the market dynamics for each commodity or service.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred or 10+ years of experience – Supply Chain/Materials Management
- APICS - CPIM or CSCP
Interested in learning more? Submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda Saylor
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.