Appraiser I - County Assessor's OfficeDubuque County, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Dubuque County Courthouse was built in 1891. The Courthouse serves as the center of County Government offices, and is a dominant landmark in the downtown Dubuque area. It is located at 720 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
Dubuque County is looking to fill two full time Appraiser I positions for the County Assessor's office. The appraiser acts independently in completing physical inspections of properties and collecting property information on Residential and Agricultural classified properties. The collected data will be entered into the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) software and will be used in setting the assessed value of real property. Guidance on policy and procedures is received through both oral and written instructions. Scheduled work hours/days will be different than the standard office hours to increase contact with owners when they are at their property.
Work is performed under supervision of the County Assessor and Deputy Assessors
- Measure the perimeter of all buildings.
- Make a careful inspection of each structure and list all pertinent data on a field worksheet or electronic device. Collected information will include, but is not limited to details on foundations, amount of basement area and basement finish, exterior wall and roof types, floor coverings, condition of the building, number of rooms and the number and type of plumbing fixtures.
- Coordinates with Assessor and Deputies on the scheduling of work.
- Coordinates with the Office Manager on the mailing of pre-inspection letters to owners.
- Schedule appointment times with property owners when needed.
- Enter gathered listing information into the CAMA system.
- Assist taxpayers and the general public by answering questions in person or by phone.
- Answers information requests from property owners regarding the assessment process;
- Operate measuring devices, common office machines and computers.
- Attend workshops, conferences and meetings as required by the Assessor.
- Confer with the Assessor / Deputy Assessor with regard to appraisal questions.
- Performs all activities in accordance with office policies and safety practices;
- Performs any related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Interactions with the public will be a common part of this job and the appraiser must be able to interact with them in a pleasing manner when receiving criticism, not be easily upset or insulted. The appraiser must have the ability to exercise sound judgment. This position requires large amounts of time outside of the office and as such the appraiser will be exposed to various weather elements and physical requirements such as walking and climbing many types of grades and terrains. Must have the ability to do detailed work with a very high degree of accuracy as well as the ability to plan, organize, and work independently. Must have modest levels of computer skills. Must have the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, contractors, property owners and the general public. Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and a reliable automobile with state mandated insurance coverage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School graduation or a GED is required. Preferred experience would include construction, real estate sales, or appraisal experience. Preferred education includes persons who have taken the Iowa Department of Revenue test for Assessor or Deputy Assessor and are on the list eligible for appointment. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply , complete an application which can be obtained by clicking on the link below
RETURN completed application to the Dubuque County Assessor's Office via mail or email to Dave.Kubik@dubuquecounty.us.
Deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. on 09/05/19.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|