Low Voltage TechnicianSecurity Products Of Dubuque, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Security Products of Dubuque
SHIFT: 8-9 hour day shift. Some shifts may require overtime.
Travel may be required based on business needs.
JOB TYPE: Permanent Full-time
PAY RATE: $16.00-$25.00/Hour (depending on experience)
NICET Certified: $25.00-$33.00/Hour
• Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, floors, and other areas as required. Examine systems to locate problems such as loose connections or broken insulation.
• Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, then position and terminate cables, wires and strapping.
• Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures have been met.
• Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
• Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach electrical wiring in order to connect components.
• Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
• Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
• Keep informed of new products and developments. Request orders for replacement parts.
• Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and basic network related problems encountered by end-users of the network.
• The ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Successful completion of in house and on the job training.
• Ability to utilize a variety of hand tools and specialty equipment with proficiency.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
• Able to climb ladders and manipulate hand tools safely.
• Ability to use a laptop to program software.
• Able to work various heights using a scissor lift and/or boom lift.
• Maintain an organized and clean workspace. Knowledge of computer software, hardware and network infrastructure.
• Able to perform on-call duties as assigned. Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Pass a pre-employment background/drug screening.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Communicates effectively in both oral and written communications. Communicates with supervisor, peers, subordinates and other Company staff; working as part of a team contributing to company goals.
REASONING ABILITY: Job requires being careful about detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions drawing upon experience, research and input from peers. This position performs multiple job tasks on a daily basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position requires lifting up to 50 pounds and frequent prolonged periods of standing, bending, pulling, twisting, reaching, climbing and standing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this position; the employee may be exposed to various climates and conditions. Wearing of safety clothing and equipment may at times be required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED (Required)
Technical school training, NICET certification a plus.
SECURITY PRODUCTS OF DUBUQUE OFFERS:
• Competitive Wage (Depending on experience).
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
• Short Term/Long Term Disability.
• 401(k) with employer match.
• Paid Time Off
• Company-paid technical training (NICET, ESA, vendor-specific training).
• Company provided cell phone and vehicle.
• Manufacturer training and certifications
- Experienced technicians get company vehicle to take home
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|