Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team!
The Role: Create and analyze reports needed for the Health Plan and Clinic decision making. Be a resource for the ACO by providing detailed data and analytical review for that population. Create and review internal audits for Health Plan departments and Medicare compliance. Based on candidate skills and experience, there is an opportunity to join the team as a Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst. Training and career growth opportunities available for dedicated individuals! This position is full-benefits, Monday – Friday 8am-5pm in our Medical Associates Health Plans building (1605 Associates Drive).
• Essential skills include financial or mathematics background, proficiency in Microsoft products especially Excel
• Ideal candidates will have experience with advance excel functions such as VLOOKUPS and pivot tables, auditing background
• Bonus skills are experience with SQL, medical/clinic, audits, and/or insurance background
• Ability to work independently and are self-motivated
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to collaborate and communicate tactfully with business teams and leadership
• High level of organization, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Ability to build relationships/trust with various areas (auditing and sales)
Based on experience and department needs, candidate will be able to support and contribute to the major duties and responsibilities of this faced-paced department:
• Reporting: Extract, compile, analyze and interpret data to drive key business decisions for the Health Plans and Clinic. Prepare business reports, summary analysis, and presentations for upper management and executives. Responsible for various annual reporting such as budget for the Health Plan, Cost Report, Report Cards, Dashboard tools, and ACO population.
• Internal Auditing: Develop and maintain internal audits to ensure a high level of accuracy, efficiency and compliance. Validate and analyze results before developing solutions to enhance processes, reporting and data management. Present findings at Quarterly Compliance Meetings.
• Underwriting: Assess risk of both prospective and renewal fully insured rate proposals consistent with corporate revenue goals by utilizing established medical underwriting practices to evaluate risk and rate calculations on a regular basis. Perform Stop Loss marketing, collect and analyze rates for self-funded clients. Coordinate communication to operational areas regarding sold products, applying knowledge of benefits and system configurations. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations such as the Affordable Care Act and assist in annual filings such as rate filings and MLR.
1. Maintain confidentiality regarding Medical Associates, its clients, and employee, holding financial matters in the strictest confidence.
2. Follow Health Plans policies, procedures and guidelines.
3. Maintain a cooperative, helpful work environment within the department, as well as, with other departments and employees.
4. Maintain a friendly, respectful, and professional environment for all member contacts.
5. Forecast trends in the health care industry.
6. Have knowledge of accounting principles.
7. Be as accurate and efficient as possible in all accounting duties.
8. Effective use of programming/reporting software.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience- One to five years of similar or related experience.
Education- Equivalent to a college degree (finance or math preferred)
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: 10-Key calculator, SQL, advanced Excel knowledge.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|