Operations Project ManagerPSSI, Kieler, WI
This listing has expired
From Taco Tuesdays to 60th-anniversary dinners, we’re in the business of protecting moments. At Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (PSSI), people are at the heart of everything we do: our people and the those around the world whose food we work steadfastly to protect.
We lead the way for food protection with over 17,000 employees and over 500 food processing facilities that we service throughout North America. We serve as primary partners with plants both small and large. With more than 45 years in the business, our company is backed by a unique value-driven culture and entrepreneurial spirit that sets us on a path of continued growth in our industry.
Job Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Senior Vice President
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Amount of Travel Required: 50-75%
Positions Supervised: None
The Operations Project Manager is responsible for managing, planning and coordinating activities of operations projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within agreed time frame, funding/budget and support the organization's strategic plan. Establishes project proposal or plan to determine procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and other resource phases of project. Takes project from original concept through completion. Ensures seamless delivery of projects to the business unit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
- Understand the business to make necessary improvements.
- Recommend, communicate, and implement new approaches, policies, practices, and procedures to drive continuous improvements in efficiency of services performed, as well as resolve problems and issues.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of Operations projects and initiatives in relation to the company’s strategic plan.
- Work with cross functional departments to define business case, business requirements and program/project scope.
- Researches return on investment for consideration of initiatives.
- Manage and/or own project deliverables to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Coordinate projects with IT in relation to data integration and other items as needed.
- Based on provided scope and requirements translate them into tasks, schedule and assign tasks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Communicate regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain positive and respectful working relationships within all levels and departments of the organization.
- Communicate organizational change management/employee relations implications related to and throughout the project.
- As appropriate, challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance or improve them.
- Analyze and document workflow of procedures, including hand-off and communication points within a process.
- Participate/oversee testing and installation of process changes and improvements.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for all new and updated procedures.
- Work with business unit to develop and implement training needs for new procedures and programs.
- Conduct and contribute to post-implementation reviews and identify lessons learned.
- Develop contingency plans and remove obstacles that may negatively impact the project.
- Deliver a sustainable project to the business unit.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management or related field OR equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years minimum of food safety sanitation management experience
- Intermediate to Advanced experience using Microsoft Office; using Excel, Word, Power Point, One note and email
- Smartsheet or other spreadsheet collaboration software experience
- Lucid Chart or other diagram/chart editing software experience
- Data analytic experience; creating, running and analyzing data reports from different software program
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|