A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
The Regional Vice President is the senior-most financial leader in the Dubuque region and will serve as a key member of the senior leadership team. This role will oversee the financial functions of the integrated health system including financial planning, budgeting, accounting systems and controls, reimbursement and financial reporting. This position will provide support for strategic and financial analytics to assist with strategic planning process and operational improvements within the region. The VP of Finance will serve as the primary regional contact to UPH System Services and will lead the financial elements for the entire care delivery enterprise within the Dubuque region.
- Participates in strategic planning in concert with the organizational mission and values that contribute towards maintaining and growing market share, reimbursement, maximization and cost containment and productivity improvements.
- Accountable for implementing and utilizing the system-wide standardized financial systems and structures, including long range financial plans, budgets, financial reporting, accounting, reimbursement, and policies and procedures to assure the value of the system is maximized.
- Collaborates with System Shared Services and other system provided functions such as supply chain, revenue cycle, accounting etc.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership in regional activities, including any joint ventures to ensure budget and strategic initiatives goals are met.
- Provides leadership to ensure the overall finance role and financial performance is understood in the organization and broader community.
- Evaluates planned and existing programs as they relate to profitability, margin efficiency and reimbursement.
- Provides adequate cash liquidity and forecasting to meet operating and capital expenditures within the guidelines of senior management and board of directors.
- Keeps abreast of federal regulations, congressional actions and deliberations, and state and local activities influencing fiscal management of the organization.
- Plans educational programs in the area of financial management for the organization as needed.
- Participates in discussions and planning with leadership and board of directors on equipment purchases, lease arrangements, construction of plant facilities, management of organization portfolio of investments and financial arrangements.
Financial Reporting and Analytics
- Reviews, interprets and analyzes and communicates financial information and reports to members of leadership and the board of directors.
- Responsible for working with outside parties on annual financial statement audits, Medicare audits, UPH internal audits and others as necessary.
- Maintain awareness of laws and regulations to keep abreast of current changes that may affect the integrated healthcare system. Represents Finley Hospital at the system level and with our partners related to all functional areas.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements and statistic reports, comparing actual results to budget and historical trends, reporting significant results to leadership and working with front line leaders to understand variances.
- Coordinates with system-level Business Analytics department to provide region-based oversight and to support financial and other data analytic needs of the organization.
- Responsible for the development of business and financial analytics to support operations, pricing and reimbursement.
- Provide financial oversight of major business initiatives. Responsible for completing special projects and proformas that support the long-term strategic goals of the integrated delivery system.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management, Business Administration, Management or related field is required.
Must have 10 years of experience in health care, including progressive levels of leadership. Will have 5+ years of health system experience or in a multi-disciplinary/multi-site health care operation.
- Strong leadership, strategic management and vision skill set with a commitment to innovation and creative solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in finance, health care operations management, project management, strategic planning and building partnerships.
- Strong critical thinking skills along with demonstrated financial management skills.
- Demonstrated record of extracting and synthesizing data into management information to support clinical, strategic and financial decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to anticipate and interpret data and identify trends. Must be able to quickly process new information and identify areas that require more analysis.
- Strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to express ideas logically, cogently and persuasively.
- Must possess exceptional presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate details to audiences with the appropriate level of detail required.
- Ability to build commitment, influence others and rive large scale organizational and cultural change throughout the organization.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of diplomacy, team orientation, integrity and trustworthiness.
UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital is a private, not-for-profit; community owned and controlled regional health care facility. Finley Hospital is a member of UnityPoint Health, one of the nation’s most integrated health systems in the Midwest and 13th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is committed to providing programs and services to improve the health of individuals throughout Dubuque and Tri-States communities and works to deliver the Best Outcome Every Patient Every Time. Centers of excellence include cancer care, heart care, birth care, emergency care, surgery services, and wound and hyperbaric services.
If you should have any additional questions in regards to this position please feel free to send an email to the HR Director, Dan Tallon at email@example.com.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|