This listing has expired
Hodge is a performance-driven logistics and material handling company that delivers an efficient way to approach the many layers of the supply chain. From the strategy, down to execution, Hodge provides the products, people and solutions that allows companies to optimize their supply chains. We combine 60 years of warehousing and distribution management experience as a third-party logistics provider with our knowledge as a material handling equipment dealer to offer integrated, end-to-end solutions for our customers.
From finding and planning your warehouse space to be the most effective and efficient for your needs, to supplying you with and servicing the best equipment available, to the management of materials from point A to point B, and everything in between, Hodge provides solutions at every phase of your operation and supply chain.
Headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Hodge brings to the table nearly 6 decades of industry experience, nearly 800 dedicated employees, operating in 24 locations across 5 states. We bring ideas to life by delivering smart, honest service and an ironclad commitment to helping our customers achieve their goals.
Take a look at Hodge and you’ll find a growing, dynamic company in an industry that’s ever-changing. If you’ve got a Whatever It Takes mentality, you’ve found your place at Hodge - Join us today!
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Safeguard all confidential employee and company information
- Monitor employee safety practices daily on all shifts
- Conduct safety inspections using I-Auditor and other methods
- Lead monthly safety committee meetings & communicate safety concerns
- Provide newly hired employees with safety training and orientation
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA & site-specific safety and PPE requirements
- Investigate near-miss, first aid, injury and property damage incidents thoroughly to determine root cause and assist in implementing corrective action
- Complete & distribute incident reports; follow post-incident protocol
- Coordinate Powered Industrial Truck maintenance with outside vendors
- Manage environmental and waste requirements
- Encourage & promote participation in company wellness program events such as HC360
- Conduct routine material handling equipment and PPE inspections
- Maintain adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment
- Administer discipline if required; Be Safe reminders, 3-Strike Safety Policy
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the Safety Coordinator must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Two-year college degree or related job experience
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Intermediate computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Tools)
- Four-year degree and/or continuing education
- 1-2 years of experience in safety related field
- Automated External Defibrillator & CPR certification
- OSHA 10-Hour certification
- Powered Industrial Truck, Train-the-Trainer certification
- License & Certificates:
- Forklift operator train-the-trainer certification
- Hoist operator train-the-trainer certification
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|