Human Resource AdministratorHODGE,
This listing has expired
Hodge is a performance-driven logistics and material handling company that delivers an efficient way to approach the many layers of the supply chain. From the strategy, down to execution, Hodge provides the products, people and solutions that allows companies to optimize their supply chains. We combine 60 years of warehousing and distribution management experience as a third-party logistics provider with our knowledge as a material handling equipment dealer to offer integrated, end-to-end solutions for our customers.
From finding and planning your warehouse space to be the most effective and efficient for your needs, to supplying you with and servicing the best equipment available, to the management of materials from point A to point B, and everything in between, Hodge provides solutions at every phase of your operation and supply chain.
Headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Hodge brings to the table nearly 6 decades of industry experience, nearly 800 dedicated employees, operating in 24 locations across 5 states. We bring ideas to life by delivering smart, honest service and an ironclad commitment to helping our customers achieve their goals.
Take a look at Hodge and you’ll find a growing, dynamic company in an industry that’s ever-changing. If you’ve got a Whatever It Takes mentality, you’ve found your place at Hodge - Join us today!
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Provide counsel and support to management as well as employees in Human Resource related issues
- Assist with warehouse staffing needs
- Conduct Human Resource investigations and facilitate effective resolution
- Conduct employee terminations when appropriate
- With HR Manager, ensure legal compliance and consistency in all fields related to employment law, including: ADA, FMLA, FLSA, EEOC, ERISA, TITLE VII, etc.
- Create, update, and maintain job descriptions for all positions
- Understand the needs of various employees and managers, provide accurate and timely information, and promptly reply to any requests
- Conduct research and utilize best practices in human resource related issues
- Maintain performance and behavior standards through progressive discipline
- Maintain confidentiality and instill trust within the organization
- Comply with all OSHA and site-specific safety and PPE requirements
- Be available to work with employees across three shifts
- Occasional travel required
- Work toward continuous improvement
- Stay current with changing technology
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the Human Resource Administrator must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Tools)
- College degree in Business and/or Human Resources
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Two or more years of human resource experience
- Previous management experience
License & Certificates:
- None required