Design EngineerSedona Staffing Services, Manchester, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Location: Manchester Iowa area
$68,000 - $75,000 / year + full benefits package
A local Northeast Iowa based manufacture is seeking an Design Engineer who will provide leadership to a team responsible for designing mechanical products and systems resulting in a product that meets the needs and expectation of the customer..
What you get to do:
- Plans and completes engineering projects by studying customer requirements, market demand, and competitors’ products; scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials, soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes, focusing on cost reduction and process improvement by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation process.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains system and product database by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Five years’ experience in design of steel structures or heavy equipment.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing. Technically proficient in Excel, and Design software systems.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Possess, analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean Training desirable.
Compensation: Commensurate based on skill set, previous work experience and education.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda Saylor | email@example.com
Please note that all inquiries are kept confidential.