Director of OBSedona Staffing Services, Platteville, WI
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Director of OB
Hours: Days – 12 hour shifts
Direct Hire: Compensation: Base Salary starts at $78,000/year and increases based on qualifications/years of experience/certifications
A local Wisconsin medical hospital is seeking a Director of OB. The best fit candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing, be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin and have a minimum of two years’ prior supervisory experience in a variety of clinical nursing settings. Two to five years of maternity experience to include experience in patient care management.
What you get to do:
- Sets goals and priorities for the care and treatment of each patient.
- Implements the planned interventions specific to each patient following the individual patient plan of care
- Carries out the interventions in person or delegates, as appropriate to team members.
- Evaluates the planned care for each patient continually by evaluating progress toward specific goals in daily huddle and assists RN staff in making modifications to the plan of care assuring that the plan of care is always current if needed.
- Reinforces the teaching provided by physician/surgeon/ Director of Nursing/ others and provides care is always current if needed
- Consults with the physician/surgeon and recognizes when a delegated act may harm a patient.
- Identifies change in condition and immediately responds by instituting the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation
- Administers prescribed medications as per the orders of the physician. Monitors for effectiveness and documents same.
- Provides progress reports to physician/surgeon as needed to make necessary changes to patient plan of care.
- Notifies patient, family and/or POA-HC, guardian of changes in condition.
- Immediately investigates injuries of unknown origin, allegations of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation according to policy guidelines. Notifies Director of Nursing and Chief Clinical Officer as needed and as per protocol regarding patient care issues via email if non-emergent and phone if emergent.
- Ensures competency of job assignments by attending 80% of staff meetings with 20% maximum of calling in, special meetings, and completing post education questionnaire/ quiz with attestation by the end of the month in which assigned by the Director of Nursing or designee.
What we need from you:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors of Science in nursing required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin in good standing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Fetal Monitoring, Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab Work and Emotional Support (STABLE) certification required within one year of hire. ALSO certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ prior supervisory and/or managerial experience with past experience in a variety of clinical nursing settings required.
- Two to five years of maternity experience, including experience in patient care management required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
Interested in learning more? Please submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda Saylor | email@example.com