Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains company standards of cleanliness throughout the homes.
- Relays information concerning the status of homes to the housekeeping and front desk department.
- Organizes and prioritizes scheduling and routing of staff based on occupancy, arrivals, departures and in order to have product guest ready at established check-in time.
- Supervises Rental Housekeeping staff. Supervises all associates in the Rental Housekeeping department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Maintains log of house issuance, return of home entry key cards, pagers, and radios.
- Maintains payroll and productivity reports to monitor labor expense. Reviews 2-week payroll report.
- Determines the best utilization of manpower through efficient scheduling and routing of Housekeeping staff members.
- Upon checkout of high-risk groups, immediately assign inspectors to evaluate units for possible damage. Communicate findings to other departments (Sales, Accounting, Front Desk, etc.) involved with high-risk groups.
- Communicates with associates via radio to facilitate changes and modifications in work assignments and to fulfill guest needs.
- Inputs unit readiness status in the lodging system and communicate with the front desk to update on status and special requests.
- Prepares the Houseman closeout list and distributes to staff.
- Coordinates activities with outside vendors such as fire wood delivery, snow removal, carpet cleaning, and pest control service.
- Coordinates with Banquet and Set-Up departments the placement and removal of equipment in rental units.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper with special projects. Performs various clerical duties such as report distribution, filing, run nightly backup report, completion of various forms, and distribution of paychecks.
- Address guest / Owner complaints and solve them.
- Assist with cleaning when necessary.
- Run the Out of Order (OOO) report for meeting with the Maintenance department.
- Works with houseman on determining and fulfilling linen needs.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends staff meetings.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required. Must have at least one year housekeeping experience and one year supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Efficient working knowledge of various software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
Practice written safety standards and rules at all times. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds. Job frequently requires use of arms, hands, and fingers. Requires walking, sitting, crouching, kneeling, standing.
Join the team at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa! We offer competitive wages, Resort perks and privileges including discounts on gasoline, meals, merchandise, lodging, & Spa treatments; complimentary golf, Pool/Fitness Center access and much more! Eagle Ridge is located within the scenic rolling hills of The Galena Territory, just a few miles east of historic Galena, Illinois.
For more information about our fabulous resort or to apply, go to www.eagleridge.com to complete an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
To be considered for the position, we require a completed application.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Contact Information:||Gail Bockwoldt|
|Apply by Phone:||815-776-5411|
|Apply in Person:||384 Territory Dr|
|Apply by Mail:||384 Territory Dr|
Galena, IL 61036
|Apply by Fax:||815-777-3415|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|