Teacher AssistantSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
A local head start program is looking for a teacher assistant. This position works as a part of a teaching team to work as a partner with the teacher/lead teacher in developing activities for preschool (Head Start) children to provide them with varied experiences and an appropriate learning environment. Works with typically developing children and children with disabilities. Assistance is given to the teacher in carrying out the goals, policies, and activities designed to implement educational objectives and performance standards.
- Assists the teacher in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activities including lesson plans.
- Provide sufficient and appropriate outdoor time daily for children (see Operations Manual for specifics). Dress in clothing which is appropriate for outdoor activity and all weather conditions.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Participates in the screening, observation and documentation of children.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
- Is familiar with each child and parent.
- Uses initiative and imagination to assist the child and be perceptive and knowledgeable about the needs of each child.
- Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises.
- Takes charge of the class in the teacher's absence.
- Makes home visits with the teacher as required or requested and documents them as requested.
- A current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential;
- Be enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of being hired into the position;
- An associate or baccalaureate degree (in any area);
- or Be enrolled in a program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree.
- Ability to exhibit patience and tact when communicating with children, families, staff, management, referral sources and the public.
- Ability to project professionalism in conducting daily activities.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to follow directions from both written and oral instructions.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate with families and children in a positive and helpful manner.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from community.
- Some Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish or English and other languages present in the local area).
- lift 45 pounds
Submit your qualifications to Sedona Staffing by emailing email@example.com or by calling 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|