Driver Education Adjunct InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES
- Teach Driver Education skills to students by demonstrating current knowledge and skills.
- Design, facilitate, and revise activities that accommodates a variety of learning styles and promotes optimum student learning.
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness.
- Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff and contracted High School personnel.
- Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means.
- Ability to generate, organize, and implement lesson plans to meet specific needs of students representing diverse backgrounds.
- Incorporate the use of technology into the teaching learning process.
- Pursue, maintain and attend Professional Development opportunities, conferences, annual in-service and workshops, and membership to WDTSEA (Wisconsin Driver Traffic Safety Education Association), to maintain a high level of technical competency.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student information – Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Model core abilities as outlined by the College.
- Maintain positive rapport with the public, contracted high schools, community and promote driver safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in education area required
- Complete a DPI or Technical College Driver Education certification course in Wisconsin and its subsequent requirements.
- Licensed to teach Education, Traffic Safety, Criminal Justice, EMS or Fire Safety in Wisconsin.
- Possess a valid WI Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Excellent communicator, including good listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Neat in work and appearance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel, email and internet.
Position requires: sitting, standing, talking, hearing, and seeing on a regular basis.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender identity, religion or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.