Line Cooks-PMEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Provide quality, value-added professional service in the culinary department to exceed facility standards for food production, presentation and taste.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation standards in assigned areas.
- Prepares sufficient quantities of food product in accordance to production plan or forecast needs.
- Utilizes whole food products eliminating any waste.
- Assists in storing all deliveries – daily requisitions; follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures. Ensures proper storage of food items. Wraps, dates, and rotates food items.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Informs the Executive F & B immediately of food quality issues – food spoilage.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Expedites all menu items accurately and promptly.
- Follows standardized recipes for consistency.
- Set up and breakdowns the cooking line.
- Assists in any area needed when time allows.
- Exhibits a ‘can do’ attitude and total cooperation.
- Alerts chef or supervisor of any equipment breakdowns, food overages, or shortages in a timely manner
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends staff meetings.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, Sanitation Training
Practice written safety standards and rules at all times. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to push/pull/lift 50 pounds. Job requires standing for long periods of time. Requires the ability to reach, grab, and feel. Frequently stands; uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; talks or hears; tastes or smells. Regularly walks and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits; stoops, or crouches.
Due to the business demands of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the Resort provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on business demands, hours may be reduced at any time.
Join the team at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa! We offer competitive wages, Resort perks and privileges including discounts on gasoline, meals, merchandise, lodging, & Spa treatments; complimentary golf, Pool/Fitness Center access and much more! Eagle Ridge is located within the scenic rolling hills of The Galena Territory, just a few miles east of historic Galena, Illinois.
For more information about our fabulous Resort or to apply, go to http://www.eagleridge.com/employment-en.html to print out an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION, WE REQUIRE A COMPLETED APPLICATION.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!