Engineering TechnicianKlauer Manufacturing Company, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Klauer Manufacturing is an industry leader in manufacturing sheet metal building products serving the residential, agricultural and light commercial markets with thousands of product options.
We have been in business since 1870 and are in our fifth generation of being family owned and operated.
We have distribution partners in 43 states and have over 250,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Dubuque, IA.
Klauer Manufacturing is focused on attracting and retaining talented employees that will continue to grow the business.
Reporting Structure – This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Conduct activities to optimize manufacturing processes (roll forming, stamping, press brakes, slitting) and improve machine efficiency. Identify and implement ways to decrease set-up / change-over time. Identify and implement ways to improve part quality / decrease part variation. Identify the need for tooling / fixture improvements and work with the machine shop to implement as needed.
- Work with engineering to document the optimized process / machine by developing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and set-up data charts.
- Implement the established SOP’s that have resulted from the optimization activities by training production team members in proper machine operation.
- Assist production to identify and resolve set-up / quality issues. Compile a ‘troubleshooting guide” for each machine based on historical problem resolution information.
- Conduct initial sample inspection activities and compile a corresponding report (ISIR) for new machines / tooling, as part of the new machine commissioning process or machine retooling. Use various measuring devices to evaluate initial sample parts and compare the results to established engineering drawings and standards.
- Maintain machine SOP / set-up information files by processing change requests.
- Uphold all workplace safety policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree (or equivalent 2 year program) in Engineering Technology or related field of study.
- Knowledge of roll forming process and machinery a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of material properties and their effect on forming processes.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement Principles; 4M, 5S, 7W.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Good “hands-on” mechanical aptitude with the ability to work with a variety of hand tools and measurement devices.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be a good communicator, both oral and written.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask the workload.
- Good computer skills – Outlook / Word / Excel. CAD (AutoCAD) experience a plus, but not required.
Physical demands for this job require standing walking, sitting, pushing, pulling, bending, and stooping. May work in a standing or seated position or alternate between the two as necessary. Strength rating for this job is M – Medium work – exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and /or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.
Class I – Medium (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|