Banquet ChefEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS- Supports and assists Executive Chef and Sous Chef in achieving financial objectives for the Culinary Department. Responsible for all facets of banquet food production including staffing, menu, planning, and requisitioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains quality of food product and ensures consistency in banquet food delivery and standards.
- Works with Executive Chef on the analysis of financial results and budgeting.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Observes production flow and make adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products in compliance with health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and service.
- Writes, maintains and updates all banquet menu specifications, recipes and pictures, and production forecasts.
- Monitors that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in proper working condition and writes work tickets for any equipment in need of repair.
- Visually inspects appearance of all banquet foods for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends staff meetings.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Culinary Certificate from college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
- Experience in managing events and personnel.
Food Sanitation Training.
Due to the business demands of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the Resort provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on business demands, hours may be reduced at any time.
Join the team at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa! We offer competitive wages, Resort perks and privileges including discounts on gasoline, meals, merchandise, lodging, & Spa treatments; complimentary golf, Pool/Fitness Center access and much more! Eagle Ridge is located within the scenic rolling hills of The Galena Territory, just a few miles east of historic Galena, Illinois.
For more information about our fabulous Resort or to apply, go to http://www.eagleridge.com/employment-en.html to print out an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION, WE REQUIRE A COMPLETED APPLICATION.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|