CookSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
This position is one role in a large system of services provided to children and families. A strong food service program is important to supporting the goals of the program. This position is responsible the ordering, preparing, serving and documenting of meals and snacks. It includes following menus and all phases of kitchen operations including inventory control. Position may involve reassignment to various kitchens/centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
- Prepares and serves food and assists in any food related activities as directed and menus as approved by registered dietitian/nutritionist including the preparation of food to meet the needs of children with special needs or disabilities.
- Oversees maintenance of inventory for all necessary supplies, food and equipment used for food services operations.
- Oversees the processing and storage of food and food related items as they are delivered.
- Oversees full kitchen operations and may supervise additional staff or volunteer assistance (depending on size and scope of workload).
- Implements a cost effective food service program according to federal, state and local regulations that is a financially successful operation by helping to control food and labor costs.
- Prepares and serves all meals as planned, paying attention to food presentation and freshness.
- Ensures that there is an established system for cleaning the kitchen and storage rooms so that they are always kept in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Reports any kitchen equipment not in good working order to the immediate supervisor to ensure the kitchen remains safe and hazard free and follows through on maintenance, repair and replacement procedures.
- Ensures that all foods are prepared in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Responsible for the period purchasing and regular maintenance of food to ensure quality, cost control and adequate inventory. Receives and accounts for food deliveries.
- Plans and directs the work of assigned staff (where applicable) and any volunteers working in the food service area.
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs applied toward the non-federal share requirement
- Attends all workshops and meetings as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activities.
- Responsible for understanding Head Start Performance Standards and local child care licensing regulations.
- Expected to be knowledgeable of the regulations associated with prevention of occupational disease and injury, including the exercise of universal precautions and the prevention of contamination.
- Positively promotes Head Start in the community.
- Models and exercises supervisory authority to support other employees in the execution of work duties in a manner consistent with CDI Head Start standards for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including CDI Head Start policies and procedures reflecting best practices. In addition, supervisors are expected to model exemplary standards of ethical behavior and exercise careful stewardship of program funds, and support those they supervise in adhering to those standards.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with CDI Head Start Employee Handbook: Human Resources Policies and Procedures, CDI Head Start Operations Manual and all other CDI HS handbooks, manuals and resources and adheres to them.
- Plans and directs the work of the staff supervised. Observes and gives feedback to staff or volunteers supervised where applicable and other staff as assigned on at least a weekly basis.
- Makes appropriate personnel decisions that do not require higher approval and submits others as a recommendation to the supervisor.
- Determines appropriate training needs to meet the program goals and objectives and makes the necessary recommendations.
- Develops and supports the professional development plan for staff supervised.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to Head Start/Early Head Start children, families and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with the Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Develops and implements a plan and system of continuous ongoing monitoring and evaluation of activities within the program.
Submit your qualifications to Sedona Staffing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer