Inventory Control SpecialistSedona Staffing Services, Manchester, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Inventory Control Specialist
Location: Manchester Iowa area
Hours: 5am – 2pm (Monday – Friday)
A local Northeast Iowa based manufacture is seeking an Inventory Control Specialist who’s primary responsibility will be managing the company’s resources by receiving, issuing, handling, and accounting for inventory. Prior inventory management and supply chain experience desirable.
What you get to do:
- Controls inventory by keeping detailed records of changes in inventory; performing cycle counts; report changes; monitor re-order listings; assist with complete physical inventory.
- Manage delivery reception by receiving delivered supplies, materials, and equipment; confirm that delivered goods match purchase order specifications of quantity, condition, model number, etc.; completes necessary paperwork.
- Inspect Inventory to ensure products are safe and free of damage and are ready for distribution. Return defective and/or incorrect products back to supplier or dispose of them according to company and supplier standards.
- Orders products to ensure that the company’s inventory remains sufficient by working with other departments to determine what and when items are needed.
- Verifies and completes receiving reports by checking receiving document sales order for quantities and items shipped, release number, and discrepancies; entering receiving information into database; correcting discrepancies.
- Prepares inventory for distribution to end use departments by reviewing pick sheets and other documents; verifying parts numbers with documents; gathering materials and packaging for distribution.
- Audits and reconciles inventory reports by examining distribution reports for inventory discrepancies; reconciling entries with inventory system from inventory reports, credit memos, and variances; completing physical counts.
- Conducts analyses to identify improvement opportunities by studying business opportunities, determining expansion of facilities or product lines; evaluating options; recommending courses of action.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline plus a combination of three plus years directly related experience. (Prior Customer Service, Technical Sales or Manufacturing Sales experience
- Being customer focused and prior customer service in a manufacturing environment experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to routinely lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors
Compensation: Commensurate based on skill set, previous work experience and education.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda Saylor | email@example.com
Please note that all inquiries are kept confidential.