Occupational Therapist-Outpatient/InpatientUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist that has experience in pediatrics to work in both our Outpatient and Inpatient locations. This is a PRN opportunity. Work hours will be as needed to help cover vacations, leaves, etc... As a PRN employee you will be required to work at least 1 weekend a month.
- Selects appropriate tests and measurements in order to perform in-depth functional assessments.
- Develops or modifies the plan of care specific to each patient/client.
- Sets goals in conjunction with the patient and/or family.
- Communicates progress with the inter-disciplinary team, physician and nursing staff.
- Implements the treatment plan of care and delegates treatment as appropriate to COTA/L and OTA.
- Demonstrates appropriate documentation according to standards and regulations.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as necessitated.
- Considers safety techniques appropriate to specific patients/clients.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Collaborates with patient, family, and inter-disciplinary team to provide total patient care.
- Supervises Occupational Therapy Assistants.
An active, non-conditional Occupational Therapist license issued by the Iowa Department of Public Health via the Iowa Bureau of Professional Licensure is required. Previous occupational therapy experience is preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.