Energy SpecialistDubuque Community School District, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Dubuque Community School District reorganized in the early 1960's with the surrounding rural area and now serves a population of over 70,000. Presently, we have a student enrollment of approximately 10,500 students. A total staff of 2,522 employees (including 937 certified teachers, counselors and nurses) is presently employed by the Dubuque Community School District. The geographical area the Dubuque District serves is over 245 square miles and the District provides school bus transportation approximately 5,000 students each day.
Nineteen school buildings are utilized to house our educational program: two high schools, one alternative learning center, three middle schools, and thirteen K-5 elementary schools. Other facilities are provided for transportation, maintenance, cafeteria, and administration.
Dubuque Public Schools provide a basic curriculum designed to meet the educational needs of children. Special programs include Title I, Learning Resource Services, Special Education, Talented and Gifted, and At-Risk.
The Energy Specialist will be hired, trained and employed by Cenergistic.
For more information about Cenergistic visit www.cenergistic.com.
Role: Cenergistic Energy Specialist
Reports to: Cenergistic Regional Vice President and Client Manager
Responsibilities: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
- Identify energy consumption, analyze data and make recommendations to Client leadership regarding consumption and general energy conservation measures.
- Utilize the latest in technology relating to energy consumption, utility usage and EMS data.
- Perform on-site audits.
- Manage and maintain all utility consumption data and ensure savings measurements are accurate.
- The Cenergistic Energy Specialist will meet with the Client’s Program Liaison at least once monthly to report the status of the client’s energy program.
- Coordinate with internal and external Public Relations groups to utilize all media and communication opportunities that promote the Client’s energy management program successes.
- Report quarterly to the Board or Governing body on status and success of the energy program.
- Cultivate and maintain open communications with Client leadership, facilities, maintenance and custodial staff.
- Report to the Program Liaison any safety hazards observed.
- Coordinate with the maintenance director regarding repairs of energy management systems (EMS).
- Effectively communicate with Client staff promptly to address any comfort issues.
- Complete timely reports comparing your performance to the implementation plan.
- Represent Cenergistic in the highest professional manner to the Organization.
- Graduation from an accredited College or University with a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ work experience
- Or Graduation from a standard senior high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma with six (6) years’ work experience
- Demonstrate analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must possess above average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement in implementation of policy
- Ability to promote Client involvement and engagement to implement change
- Ability to conduct presentations in large and small groups
- Demonstrate ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects
- Must possess above average experience with technology and personal computer operations including Microsoft Office products with strong emphasis in Excel, smartphone applications and handheld tablets
- Must Commit to irregular hours (nights, weekends, early mornings, holidays and summer)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to client locations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office and moderate to loud in the field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
|Years of Experience||--|