Restaurant Chef - Full TimeEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is searching for a Chef for their beautiful Woodstone Restaurant that overlooks their signature golf course, The General. The position's main focus is to implement and maintain quality standards for back of the house restaurant and culinary areas, including the supervision and direction of culinary staff, food quality and excellent customer service.
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Supports and assists the Executive Chef in managing the day-to-day operations for the Food and Beverage Kitchen departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensures proper preparation of menu items.
- Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Observes production flow and makes adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage, (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products, in compliance with health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating, and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and service.
- Writes, maintains, and updates all menu specifications, recipes and pictures, and production forecasts.
- Monitors all equipment in the kitchen, making sure it is clean and in proper working condition. Identifies need for repairs and ensures that repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members, including Chefs and Cooks.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Implements and maintains excellent service, to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedure to the department.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks, as directed by the Department Manager.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends staff meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Communicates effectively with all other staff. Open to learning new methods of food preparation.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (AA); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|