Assistant Controller/Accounting ManagerFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Assistant Controller/Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the accounting group and treasury management. This person will assist in SEC reporting, SOX process control activities, and special projects at the direction of the Controller or Chief Financial Officer. All activities are ultimately organized around the growth and profitability of Flexsteel and its operating units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of monthly accounting close process
- Creation of monthly financial reporting package
- Maintenance and improvement of the internal control environment
- Transaction and journal entry monitoring and sign-off
- Coordinate and participate in preparation of supporting schedules for external auditors around quarterly financial statement review and annual audit
- Creation of useful and relevant management reporting
- Provide technical accounting leadership to the accounting team
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting reports, and work with the Controller to manage the Company’s cash flow to facilitate growth and profitability
- Coordinate day-to-day banking activity
- Manages staff accountants
- Develop a thorough understanding of all of the Company’s ERP systems and how the information flows into the general ledger
- Pursue, suggest, and manage process improvements aiding in the production of accurate and timely financial reporting. Focus on process simplification
- Regular daily attendance is required. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, is required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years industry experience in a manufacturing and distribution setting
- CPA is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of key aspects of the accounting process:
- Manufacturing cost accounting
- Cash management-accounting for wires, ACH batches, inter-bank transfers
- Accounting in a company with multiple locations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Inventory control
- Consolidation of subsidiaries
- Systems & Technology:
- SAP accounting system direct experience
- Reporting in an SAP environment
- Expert Microsoft Excel user
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience is also a plus
- Experience managing an accounting staff of three or more people
- Goal-oriented: Driven to complete projects on time
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|