A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
This is a full-time position for a Staff Chaplain. Work hours will typically be days, Monday - Friday, for 64 hours per pay period, however you will have to flex to other shifts as needed.
The Staff Chaplain, acting as an integral part of the health care team, provides professional spiritual care to the patients, families of patients and the associates of Finley Hospital. This includes but is not limited to routine patient visitation, response to emergency situations, spiritual counseling and support, crisis intervention, and charting patient encounters in the medical record. The Staff Chaplain will also participate in providing educational opportunities to the hospital and larger community. She/he will perform the administration of the sacraments and officiate at regular worship services and observances. The Staff Chaplain will also facilitate the connection between the patients and their communities of faith as requested by the patient. The Staff Chaplain will communicate regularly with the representatives of the other disciplines of the health care team, participate in rounds and case conferences, and serve on hospital committees as requested and schedule allows.
Technical/Clinical Skill (Competence):
- Has acquired technical/clinical knowledge and uses it effectively to improve job quality and individual and organizational performance.
- Organizational Skill and Work Efficiency:
- Uses technical/clinical knowledge of the position and the work unit to help maximize personal and departmental effectiveness.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change:
- Maximizes performance and opportunity in a constantly changing work environment.
- Customer Service:
- Provides the highest level of care and/or service to customers, including patients, families, physicians, other associates and all for whom we provide service. Collaborates with physicians, as appropriate, to ensure positive patient care outcomes. Customer interaction takes into account the age and relevant physical and psychosocial needs of the customer.
- Works with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Effective Use of Resources:
- Uses time, supplies, equipment and other resources to contribute to the economic success of the hospital.
- Is personally committed to ethical behavior and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited seminary.
- Ordination and/or endorsement by a recognized denomination.
- Successful completion of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE, Inc., Decatur, GA.).
- Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education, etc.
- If not presently certified, completion of certification within two years of employment is a requirement for continued employment.
- Until Board Certification is achieved, the chaplain will work under the general supervision of a Board-Certified Staff Chaplain.
- Previous experience as a chaplain in a health care or other clinical setting is highly desirable. Related work experience will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
- A good working understanding of both theology and behavioral science.
- Ability to draw on own faith/spirituality in a manner that supports others in theirs.
- Proven counseling skills.
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Skills in preaching and leading worship.
- An awareness of cultural diversity and associated spiritual practices.
- Ability to work with persons from a wide variety of spiritual backgrounds and support them in their own perspective.
- Word-processing skills/basic understanding of computers.
- Complete understanding of the need for absolute confidentiality.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|