Clinic Radiology Technician-Clinic Resource PoolUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
This is a PRN position, work hours will be on an as needed basis and not guaranteed. As a PRN employee you will be required to work (1) 8 or 12 hour shift per month, (2) weekends per year and (1) holiday per year. This position is located in the Clinic Float pool which means you will work at different clinics each time you work. They float into our Urgent Care settings, Family Practice Clinics, Cardiology Clinics and Urology Clinics.
The Clinical Concierge Radiologic Technologist is responsible for performing radiologic procedures. Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information, preparing patient for clinical examination, treatment, and minor surgical procedures. Administer medication, other treatments, and injections as ordered by provider. Tracking and follow-up on patient testing related to disease process management, schedule referrals, answer phone calls and take appropriate messages, and appropriate documentation in electronic medical record. Perform phlebotomy and lab testing as needed. Assist and perform other procedures, including EKG.
- Produces quality radiographs as ordered, selecting proper technical factors according to an individual patient's needs and operating equipment per policies, procedures, and standards, assuring appropriate protection is provided in accordance with prescribed safety standards-Positions and transfers patients-Provides immobilization devices as required-Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross-contamination-Practices Radiation safety in accordance with established standard of care.
- Develops film by automatic and/or manual processing.
- Assists in the filming retrieval and maintenance of the hard and soft copy images and other patient records.
- Oversees the performance of routine or special procedures within designated areas of authority.
- Instructs students in the school of technology as requested.
- Maintains accurate and complete records or log according to policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of technical factors and film selection.
- Participates in department Quality Management activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged, and patient information.
- Report to clinical coordinator or practice administrator.
- Perform procedures under supervision of physician, physician assistant, or nurse practioner.
- Assist physician, nurse practioner and physician assistant in exam rooms.
- Greet and welcome patients immediately upon arrival to the clinic.
- Ensure patients are accurately registered in EPIC.
- Complete the paperwork or assist in on-line registration as needed based on patient needs, abilities and desires.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart•Perform phlebotomy and lab testing as needed
- Assist and perform other procedures, including EKG.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician, nurse practioner or physician assistant.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to escorting them to the exam room.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and physician assistants.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
- All other duties as assigned by clinical coordinator or practice administrator.
- Once the patint has completed the clinic portion of their visit escort and check out the patient.
- Assist patient in completing the patient satisfaction survey if needed at the time of check out.
- Pursue excellence and creativity, and promote change to make things better.
- Take responsibility for service and quality.
- Show respect for people and the organization in every transaction.
Must hold an Iowa Permit to Practice Radiology.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|