Director of Consumer/Small Business LendingHeartland Financial USA, Inc., Dubuque, IA
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multibillion dollar, multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the states of Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Colorado, Minnesota, Kansas and Missouri, with a total of 86 banking locations serving over 100 communities.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol “HTLF.”
Why Heartland? Visit our YouTube page!
At Heartland Financial USA, INC., we’re your career destination!
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (Heartland) is seeking a Director of Consumer/Small Business Lending to join our growing team in Dubuque, IA. This individual has senior manager oversight of the teams underwriting small business and consumer loan applications submitted from across the Heartland footprint of 11 member banks. The Small Business Lending Center consists of underwriters and portfolio managers using a score assisted loan approval model to provide fast and streamlined credit decisions. The Consumer Credit Center consists of centralized underwriters reviewing loan requests for traditional products including personal loans, auto loans, home equity loans and credit cards. The approve/decline decision can be based on manual underwriting techniques or an auto-decision model depending on the credit characteristics of the borrower and loan product.
1. 10+ years building and leading high-performing teams
2. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
3. 10+ years of consumer and small business banking experience
4. Credit Card underwriting and Portfolio Management experience
5. Financial services industry experience
6. Experience working with auto decisioning underwriting platforms
7. Deep knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations
8. Proven ability to build underwriting and credit risk management infrastructure
9. Strong analytical ability and the ability to leverage data from third party operations tools; e.g., CRM and phone contact tools, to solve business problems and improve customer experience
10. Demonstrated experience effectively partner with senior leaders and diverse teams across complex organizations to drive outcomes
11. Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environment
12. Superior ability to understand and analyze large arrays of data, draw defensible conclusions, and turn them into actionable items.
13. Demonstrated ability to solicit feedback from internal and external customers, with an understanding of how it can be utilized to improve team members and customer experience.
14. Proficient in Microsoft Suite Products
At Heartland Financial USA, Inc., we are one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States. This means great resources and career opportunities for our staff! We can provide you the training and support to develop a great career at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. If you long to join a successful team while expanding your professional skills and experience, then explore a career with us today!
We’re committed to being an Employer of Choice providing a positive, professional work culture that takes care of the welfare of our team members. We believe in:
• Talent Development – We provide resources to support internal career growth
• Recognition and Reward – We provide competitive compensation and rewards programs
• Corporate Citizenship – We’re committed to making a difference in our communities
• Balance – We believe in balance between work, leisure, and wellness
• Empowerment – We help people grow professionally through empowerment to make decisions and take responsibility for them
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Paid time off, community volunteering, parental leave, and Holidays.
• Tuition Benefit plan
• 401k Retirement plan with company match & Discretionary Profit Sharing plan
• Subsidized Medical and Dental insurance
• Free Life and Disability insurance coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Voluntary Vision, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
• Employee Assistance program for staff and family members
Submit your resume online at www.htlf.com/#/careers
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||10+ Years|