Registered Nurse - Transitional Care Coordinator - Home Care- Part Time - Days - 64hrs/ppMercyOne, Dubuque, IA
Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
Functions in a leadership role consistent with the American Nurses Association Standards for home health care. Assumes a leadership role in the transitional care management of internal and external referrals received by the agency. Collaborates with multidisciplinary professionals to ensure seamless care transition that supports quality care and optimal patient outcomes. Supports excellence in care delivery, teamwork and team building within the department and across settings. Functions as a resource for internal/external customers in order to determine the risks, treatment and benefits of home care. Other duties include: responsible for insurance verification, compliance with all regulatory and compliance requirements; primary back-up to the Home Care RN Scheduler and reconciliation each pay period in the timekeeping system. Shares responsibility for on-call week and weekend rotation with other departmental leadership and in the absence of the Director or Clinical Lead assumes leadership of the department.
- Must be a registered nurse and must hold an active license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa. Also must have or be willing to obtain a nursing license for the State of Illinois.
- Graduate of an approved Nursing Education program, BSN preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) may be required.
- Must have current driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work site.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience of professional nursing experience in a home care setting.
- Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes:
- Computer Proficiency: Demonstrated experience and competency with Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and a variety of web-based programs and browsers, with the willingness and ability to update and increase skills as needed to meet the goals of the departments. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job including Cerner, Home Care EMR including scheduling and timekeeping system.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|