Front End Web DeveloperFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Front End Web Developer is responsible for the coding, design and layout of the Flexsteel websites. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary. This role will generally assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the website and work closely with the Flexsteel Business partners to ensure accuracy and relevancy of all content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining the Flexsteel Industries, Inc. websites
- Working closely with web designers to produce the website
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in the event of a crash or other digital disaster
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website to be as user-friendly as possible
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
- Directing or performing Website updates
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types
- Editing or designing Website content, and working directly with team members who produce content
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Software Engineering, or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Three to five years of web development experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Experience with database systems
- Working knowledge of Drupal, Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services, GIT and BitBucket
- Experience working with REST and SOAP API’s
- Thorough functional knowledge and coding experience
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and SEO profiler
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Meets deadlines
- Works well in team atmosphere and independently
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them
- High degree of independent judgment/problem solving
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
• Medical & Dental Insurance
• 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
• Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
• 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
• Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
• Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
• Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
• Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
• Performance-based bonuses.
• Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
• Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
• Free coffee whenever you need it.
• Free covered parking.
• We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
• Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
• Casual and flexible work environment.
• We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|