Manufacturing EngineerModernfold, Dyersville, IA
For more than 65 years, Modernfold, Inc. has provided interior flexible space division solutions to help building owners and facility managers utilize their space more efficiently and effectively. The company manufactures a complete line of acoustically rated operable (movable) partitions and accordion doors in a broad range of sizes and finish options.
As the world's leading manufacturer of operable wall systems and accordion partitions, Modernfold has earned a reputation for providing building owners, architects and contractors with flexible space design assistance, quality products, expert installation and ongoing product support. Typical end-use applications include hotels, educational institutions, commercial offices, religious facilities, casinos and convention centers.
Modernfold also provides a network of coast-to-coast Service Centers designed to guarantee a quick response to operational problems and ensure long-term performance of operable wall systems.
Modernfold products are marketed by more than 130 commercial distributors in North America and are manufactures, represented or licensed by 21 companies worldwide. The company currently operates manufacturing facilities in : New Castle, IN.; Dyersville, Iowa; Sharonville, Ohio; and Hume Australia Capital Territories.
Modernfold strives to add highly qualified employees to our team to help us advance the success of our customers. We offer a range of interesting operable partition career possibilities. A career with Modernfold comes equipped with benefits such as promotion and development of our employees, courses and seminars to advance education, one-on-one coaching by managers, and not to mention competitive benefits and salary packages.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing, specifying, acquiring and launching processes and equipment to assure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements and specifications including safety. quality, cost, and material aspects. This position develops and leads projects, works with equipment suppliers, supervises the generation of technical documentation to support manufacturing as well as analyze and change existing processes for continuous improvement. This position provides on-going support for run-the-business problem resolution for product and process concerns as well as new product and operating system development initiatives.
Proven experience and success in using Lean/SS and applied knowledge in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, machine controls and new technology and systems (IIOT) disciplines will be essential for helping to drive plant operations to consistently higher levels of performance and capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to operations on a day-to-day basis to meet production goals.
- Collaborate across the organization to resolve issues with current production and in new product development and production support systems.
- Provide input to/create the development of standard operating procedures, ensuring processes are well defined, accurately documented and effectively communicated for operator training.
- Develop and implement Lean initiatives including set-up reduction, workplace organization, standardized work, process/workflow improvements, and visual management. Be a Lean Champion, coach, and mentor to motivate and inspire large scale change.
- Collaborate with leadership and peers in developing and supporting a site 5S program.
- Create Value Stream Maps to identify opportunities for production/process enhancement to improve processes with respect to safety, quality, delivery and cost improvements.
- Identify improvements and develop conceptual scope for the site to support business strategy, including the exploration of new technology to provide a competitive advantage and advance performance.
- Initiate and coordinate services and equipment purchases with external suppliers.
- Develop and track Capex requests and project progression and spending once approved.
- Identify key process parameters and targets.
- Participate in developing the future as an integral member of the Engineering Team.
- Accountable for complying with all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines, including the Corporate Environment Health and Safety Protection Policy.
- Collaborate across the organization and lead direct team to achieve and sustain ISO certifications in Quality, Environment, Health & Safety, Energy and other management systems as required.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries in a professional and courteous manner to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Industrial engineering, with 5-10 years demonstrated engineering experience, preferably in a similar manufacturing environment (high mix/low volume, ETO). Experience must include a successful, continuous history of developing and driving improvement initiatives and continued learning and development for self and coaching others. Lean and/or SSBB training should be from certified development sources. Experience with machine controls and new technology analysis and integration a definite plus. Computer literate in MS Office software package, including Project, or similar, Pro-e and AutoCAD. Knowledge and experience in manufacturing database software as related to Bills of Material and MRP/ERP.
Experience with sheet metal cutting, punching, forming, fabrication, assembly of large panel systems, integration of glass into panel production, adhesive application processes and CNC machining would be beneficial.
512 5th St. NW, Dyersville, Iowa
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||512 5th NW, PO Box 249|