Maintenance ManagerFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Summary: The individual in this position reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible organizing and supervising all maintenance activities on the Iowa campus. Responsible for the maintenance, repair operations of manufacturing equipment and machines and ensuring production equipment is working to achieve optimal operational efficiency. This would also include managing all general, grounds and facility maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Direct and coordinate the company maintenance department duties regarding repairs, installations and preventative maintenance of the company facility, grounds and general maintenance. Perform and/or train job duties by Maintenance Technician I and II’s as needed.
- Assist in evaluation of new systems, machines or equipment. Ensure that all systems, machines and equipment are in safe operating condition and in compliance with all company, state, local and federal laws and keep abreast of any changes in these standards.
- Assure that maintenance functions and construction projects meet the required local, state and federal codes and requirements. Resolve any issues as necessary.
- Review production schedules and maintenance ticketing orders to make decisions concerning meeting inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments. Consider budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with VP of Operations to resolve production problems as it related to maintenance.
- Manage maintenance tracking tickets and other quality control systems to detect production issues or maintenance problems.
- Assist in the hiring, selecting, evaluating and work with HR on any disciplinary issues with the department.
- Prepare and maintain any maintenance reports and records. Work with the Safety and Compliance Manager and HR to ensure these reports are completed in a timely fashion and recorded in the Site Docs.
- Coordinate and recommend policies or procedures for grounds, facility, general or machine maintenance and assist in creating those policies with senior management approval.
- Maintain current knowledge of the industrial maintenance field, relying on current literature pertaining to material use, technological advances and statistical studies.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, personnel ensuring that materials, labor, equipment and are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Perform all the responsibilities that a Tech I and II perform.
- Enforce a safe work environment and enforce policies and procedures by maintaining equipment properly, enforcement of safety policies, procedures and work rules, conducting safety audits on equipment and personnel of the maintenance department.
- Keep the VP of Operations informed on all issues and unusual matters of significance.
- Attend manager and staff meetings as required.
- Conduct your own safety toolbox talk meeting with your team on a weekly basis and document it in Site Docs.
- Attend Manager Maintenance seminars, workshops per year to keep up to date on maintenance regulations and compliance.
- Oversee all janitorial services and workers.
- Work with outside contractors and/or other outside companies to arrange work to be done or services to be performed to pick up waste, recyclables, hazardous and non-hazardous waste removal.
- Be a champion of our mission, vision and values to the maintenance department and other team members throughout the company.
- Be a mentor to other maintenance team members including Apprentices, Tech 1 and II’s.
- Will be required to work over-time, be flexible to work on off shifts and weekends as situations arise when maintenance is needed to come in. Be on-call.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to organize and direct oneself while effectively managing others
- Accept responsibility and account for his or her actions
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company policies and procedures
- Ability to utilize time to organize and complete work within deadlines
- Ability to influence and motivate others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help other strengthen specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and blueprint reading experience
- Strong technical understanding, equipment maintenance and power and hand tool experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and come in on off shift or weekends as needed to handle maintenance situations
- Strong computer experience
- Forklift, combi and Ariel lift license
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress effectively
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and schematics
- Ability to assemble and disassemble mechanical and electrical devices
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of at least 4-7 years of experience in the field or related area with extensive working knowledge of all electrical, mechanical, hydraulic systems in an industrial environment including but not limited to the following:
- High Voltage Systems Maintenance
- Industrial Maintenance including general Mechanical, Hydraulic, AC/DC drives or VFD’s
- Knowledge of PLC Programming and Troubleshooting on Lasers, Brake Press, Shears, Robotic Welders, Plasma and CNC’s.
- Experience operating Lasers, Brake Press, Shears, Plasma, CNC’s, Robotic Welders and other machines
- Knowledge of Lock Out/Tag Out requirements, OSHA compliance, 5S, ISO and EHS regulations
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend general business periodicals and safety and equipment manuals, complex instructions. Ability to write reports, correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information on a one on one and group situation and respond to questions from management or team members. Ability to read, comprehend and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, calculate percentages and work with fractions. Must know how to use a tape measure accurately.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply technical skill along with common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety and OSHA, EPA, DNR and other local, state or federal regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. Occasionally required to sit. Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms. Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to stand or walk on concrete floors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to louder in the warehouse and production areas. Office noise is lower for a typical office environment. Will be working outside and inside being exposed to dusty and dirty environments, hot or cold elements.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|