Accounting Manager-- Direct HireEXPRESS Employment Professionals, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
On a Mission to Put
a Million People to Work
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters. Simply put, Express is large enough to meet your needs and small enough to care.
If you're a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. Learn more.
For employers, Express Employment Professionals provides staffing and HR solutions to help meet your needs and production goals.
LIKE US! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the accounting group and treasury management. This person will assist in SEC reporting, SOX process control activities, and special projects at the direction of the Controller or Chief Financial Officer. All activities are ultimately organized around the growth and profitability of Flexsteel and its operating units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of monthly accounting close process
- Creation of monthly financial reporting package
- Maintenance and improvement of the internal control environment
- Transaction and journal entry monitoring and sign-off
- Coordinate and participate in preparation of supporting schedules for external auditors around quarterly financial statement review and annual audit
- Creation of useful and relevant management reporting
- Provide technical accounting leadership to the accounting team
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting reports, and work with the Controller to manage the Company’s cash flow to facilitate growth and profitability
- Coordinate day-to-day banking activity
- Manages staff accountants
- Develop a thorough understanding of all of the Company’s ERP systems and how the information flows into the general ledger
- Pursue, suggest, and manage process improvements aiding in the production of accurate and timely financial reporting. Focus on process simplification
- Regular daily attendance is required. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, is required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years industry experience in a manufacturing and distribution setting
- CPA is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of key aspects of the accounting process:
- Manufacturing cost accounting
- Cash management-accounting for wires, ACH batches, inter-bank transfers
- Accounting in a company with multiple locations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Inventory control
- Consolidation of subsidiaries
- Systems & Technology:
- SAP accounting system direct experience
- Reporting in an SAP environment
- Expert Microsoft Excel user
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience is also a plus
- Experience managing an accounting staff of three or more people
- Goal-oriented: Driven to complete projects on time
This listing has expired
Temp To Hire
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|